"Shock! Horror! Ginger isn't Segway" -Silicon.com

“Shock! Horror! Ginger isn’t Segway” -Silicon.com

On top of Bob Metcalfe’s (founder of 3com, inventor of ethernet networking technology)
comments about “IT” not being Segway… now comes:

Dean Kamen’s Segway HT is not the long awaited Ginger/IT invention by deduction:

Note: In case the server of this site goes down temporarily, I have saved a rough mirror of the article on my site here:
http://www.ginger-chat.com/salvagepages/segwaynotgingerrevised.htm

Also see http://www.ginger-chat.com/#newsitem1029121561,92057, for additional info on how this was discovered.

Regards,
Spliff
(Webmaster)
http://www.ginger-chat.com

:eek:

hmm… interresting. thanks for the info :cool:

interesting but i am wondering if it is just some sort of scam to hype either that book or the ginger chat web site

I dug up this thread from awhile ago. Hmmm… think Dean might be up to something? :wink:

• Katie

I don’t doubt that Segway is Ginger. They way it fits with the wheelchair (codeneme Fred) makes it very likely that Fred and Ginger are related in some way.
Now could there be an IT that is neither Ginger or Segway? That seems possible.

The story made it to the major press now:

MSNBC:

Even though ginger isn’t ginger. ginger will always remain to be my segway.

too many inventions at one time
can confuse ones mind

All I have to say is Dean Kamen is the man! He not only kept this coverup secret for so long… but for inventing some mystery invention that according to Steve Kemper’s book proposal will make all of his other inventions [including the amazing iBot] “look like child’s play” I can’t wait for the real Ginger/IT to be revealed!

Please, ginger/it/segway, they are all the same. Get over it, stop trying to start problems like another non-firster did. And like i said before all you are probably trying to do is promote your own web site.

Plus in my oppinion the fact that your website and your screenname are both in the article makes me speculate that you probably sent that topic over to that Silicon.com reporter. And it just so happened that he put your name and website in it.

just my $.02

This is all I will say on this matter: I seek NOT fame or traffic for my website, but only want the truth about Ginger/IT to be told. I have always believed Segway HT was not Ginger/IT since the reveal… but now I have finally put all the facts together and proven that they cannot be the same inventions. I have no advertisements on my site. The only thing I have on there is my site’s tshirts, hats, and mugs (which I have had on their for a very long time now) just in case another ginger fanatic like myself would want one. My aim was to show that there are gross inconsistancies in Segway’s story, and let the world know they should not be dissapointed by the scooter, because the true IT they all were waiting for for a year is still waiting to be revealed.

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
**Please, ginger/it/segway, they are all the same. Get over it, stop trying to start problems like another non-firster did. And like i said before all you are probably trying to do is promote your own web site.

Plus in my oppinion the fact that your website and your screenname are both in the article makes me speculate that you probably sent that topic over to that Silicon.com reporter. And it just so happened that he put your name and website in it.

just my $.02 **

The only facts that you show are inconsistencies with images in the patents. So what how is that any proof!?!?:confused: Plus for all we know those patents are just idaes floating though the mind of a very intelligent man? You cant prove anything with that. If you were a detective in a murder investigation, you would have to have a lot more evidence than that, and a judge would throw the case out the door faster than you could step in it. It would just be circumstantial. Just like your “proof” that segway/it/ginger arent the same. All your evidence is circumstantial and has been thrown out of the court.

Ok last post for me:

Let me break it into its simplest form:

According to Steve Kemper (who had documented the Ginger project with Kamen for at least 2 days a week over a year and half) Kamen first conceived “Ginger” around December 1995. Yet Kamen filed a patent with an early embodiment of the Segway Human Transporter in May 1994. That is more than a year and a half before Kamen first conceived Ginger/IT (according to Steve Kemper). My argument was that if Kamen first conceived Ginger in December 1995, then if Segway is Ginger how could he have possibly filed a patent for Segway in May 1994 if he hadn’t even thought of the idea yet? That is why I argue that the Segway HT could not have been the same invention that Kemper was talking about when he referred to Ginger/IT. It is also very unlikely that he got the date wrong because all the other dates he mentions in the proposal mathematically add up. Steve Kemper is a very respected journalist and has been writing for the Hartford Courant for over 20 years.

*Originally posted by Spliff *
**This is all I will say on this matter: I seek NOT fame or traffic for my website, but only want the truth about Ginger/IT to be told. I have always believed Segway HT was not Ginger/IT since the reveal… but now I have finally put all the facts together and proven that they cannot be the same inventions. I have no advertisements on my site. The only thing I have on there is my site’s tshirts, hats, and mugs (which I have had on their for a very long time now) just in case another ginger fanatic like myself would want one. My aim was to show that there are gross inconsistancies in Segway’s story, and let the world know they should not be dissapointed by the scooter, because the true IT they all were waiting for for a year is still waiting to be revealed.

My spin:

Dean was in a debatical, Ginger’s secret was out, and it wasn’t ready for a few years. So he then goes to a previous patent he had created that is a less complicated version of Ginger. Then they can work on Ginger, release it as Segway: Ginger, and they will have all those wierdows off thier backs.

It better be some kind of power-armor suit. That would be shway.

SPLIFF YOU ROCK! I have had the same gut feeling for a long time! I am a writer myself, and I have just pounded out a article for the paper I write for! Its goin in Thursdays edition. You can check out a rough draft here

THANKS FOR BUSTIN THIS OPEN MAN, GREAT INVESTIGATIVE REAPORTING! :slight_smile:

O yes, and ON THE RECORD, its a Segway with a sterling Engine. I am %110 sure of that.

Dont even bother questioning it

*Originally posted by MattK *
**O yes, and ON THE RECORD, its a Segway with a sterling Engine. I am %110 sure of that.

Dont even bother questioning it **

Please post things like this in the rumors forum.

Wetzel

Wetzle Please, eh nm. Just trust me

Today I just saw this link posted on msn.com:

Rumors: Segway isn’t really Ginger

By Graham Hayday
Special to ZDNet
August 19, 2002, 7:37 AM PT

In the latest twist to the long-running Ginger saga, it’s now being rumored that the two-wheeled device unveiled by inventor Dean Kamen last December isn’t in fact the real deal.

http://msn.com.com/2100-1103-954339.html