Shorts or Pants?

I’ve never been to one of these events, and I don’t think that the weather will be very helpful at all in deciding. Either they’ll run the AC all day full blast or the people will overwhelm it. Does anybody whose been to a competition recently have any opinions?

Pants in my opinion. No matter how cold or hot a venue is, when working with or around robots pants are safer.

This is just my $0.02 though.

For St. Louis, you never know what the weather will be. (Don’t like the weather? Wait 24 hours!) I would agree with pants though, because they have more button placement room (trust me, you’ll need it.) The dome is never too cold though, but still, pants are better for these types of things (in my experience).

Scattered t showers Thurs, Fri and Sat. forecast with temp upper 70’s Wednesday and then down to highs 57-60 other days. Pants may be in order:)

The real question is, will I regret not packing my rain pants?

The obvious solution is capris.

Or the hybrid Shorts/Pants that zip-off at the knees.

This appears as if it’s going to be something of a lateral move for us, weather-wise.

You probably will. On the other hand, if you pack them, it won’t rain and you’ll regret not packing something else.

It looks like there is a decent chance of rain, and rain here can get nasty. I’d pack them.

For guys, is the appropriate term “manpris”. ?

“Floods”…

HAHA! Sometimes I really wish CD have a “like” button. Great statement Chris!

At the 2010 DC Regional, where it was a bit nippy outside, I saw Rich Kressly in cargo shorts.
Since then, I’ve followed suit and have not regretted it.

I have worn “3/4 pants” (read as: manpris) on Friday for FLR and Buckeye, and I plan to here in St. Louis too. Definitely the way to go.