shu

am i missing something?

if you have a stack that is 3 containers nested and one (on top)on its side, that is 5 shu, right? then y isnt one on its side (if that is the highest) counted as a multiplyer of 2 (as in example 2 of update 20)?

*Originally posted by apk *
**am i missing something?

if you have a stack that is 3 containers nested and one (on top)on its side, that is 5 shu, right? then y isnt one on its side (if that is the highest) counted as a multiplyer of 2 (as in example 2 of update 20)? **
In one of the team updates, FIRST stated that a bin on its side does not count as two bins, as was originally stated at the kick-off. I don’t remember which update this was in, sorry.

• Katie

Team Update #1:

The total base score is then multiplied by the height in whole Stack Height Units (SHU) of the multiplier stack. A
whole Stack Height Unit is 14-3/4 inches.

The tallest stack in the alliance scoring zone will be determined to be the multiplier stack. Its height is measured in whole Stack Height Units (SHU) as described previously in Section 7.6. Fractional stack heights are rounded down to the
nearest SHU.

So a container on it side would be rounded down to 1 SHU.

there is a student on our team named Shu…

hahah we make fun of him so much…

haha

read the last update…the one with all the diagrams…it helps a lot in clarifying how the ref’s will score the field!

*Originally posted by MRL180YTL2002 *
**read the last update…the one with all the diagrams…it helps a lot in clarifying how the ref’s will score the field! **

I was grateful for that. It clears a lot of the confusion, and with nice, illustrated examples. Most of what was in there has already been said, but it’s good to have a concise guide to look at.

*Originally posted by Jeff Waegelin *
**I was grateful for that. It clears a lot of the confusion, and with nice, illustrated examples. Most of what was in there has already been said, but it’s good to have a concise guide to look at. **

It was most definatelyvery helpful.