Sightings at Nationals

Posted by Karl at 04/09/2001 9:23 PM EST

Student on team #442, Knight Riders, from Lee High and NASA Marshall SpaceFlight Center.

Our team was concerned with our visibilty this year and was wondring if you might have noticed us at Nationals this year. We were the ones in black T-Shirts with “442” on the back You might have noted our robot (the one in Archimedes that tried to balance with that extendable arm-thingy and could pull a stretcher), you may have noticed our walking around distributing KREMO chocolate sandwich cookies (with Riboflavin!), our clopping around the pits with coconuts, or our incessant Sombrero-waving. The bottom line is: Did you or did you not see any sort of indication of our existence while at Epcot?

Posted by Dave Lavery at 04/17/2001 9:30 AM EST

Engineer on team #116, Epsilon Delta, from Herndon High School and NASA Headquarters.

In Reply to: Sightings at Nationals
Posted by Karl on 04/09/2001 9:23 PM EST:

Karl -

I just wanted to check, since I never got to see you personally in Orlando - did you get the Krispy Kreme’s I dropped off for you (or did they suddenly “disappear” into your pit team)?

The Kremo’s were great!

Posted by Karl at 04/17/2001 9:30 PM EST

Student on team #442, Knight Riders, from Lee High and NASA Marshall SpaceFlight Center.

In Reply to: Re: Sightings at Nationals
Posted by Dave Lavery on 04/17/2001 9:30 AM EST:

: Karl -

: I just wanted to check, since I never got to see you personally in Orlando - did you get the Krispy Kreme’s I dropped off for you (or did they suddenly “disappear” into your pit team)?

: The Kremo’s were great!

Yes, the Krispy Kremes were actually around by the time I got back, excepting a few that were conspicuously absent. I’m glad to hear that I was able to help spread the joy of Kremo to you and your team, next year I’m bringing a crate :).

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 04/18/2001 10:45 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Posted by Karl on 04/17/2001 9:30 PM EST:

You guys have to remind me next year that you’re bringing Krispy Kremes…my mom has a lot of friends who are from the south and who rave about them…and I’ve always wanted to try one, but the closest store north is in NYC…2+ hours south from me.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Dave Lavery at 04/19/2001 9:51 AM EST

Engineer on team #116, Epsilon Delta, from Herndon High School and NASA Headquarters.

Posted by Jessica Boucher on 04/18/2001 10:45 AM EST:

: You guys have to remind me next year that you’re bringing Krispy Kremes…my mom has a lot of friends who are from the south and who rave about them…and I’ve always wanted to try one, but the closest store north is in NYC…2+ hours south from me.

: -Jessica B, #237

For reference for next year, the nearest Krispy Kreme shop to EPCOT is right out route 192 (the south entrance to the Disney properties), and about two miles down on the right. Since our team was staying at the Howard Johnson’s this year, it was an easy hop down there for a very late-night snack (they are open 24/7 - with a drive-through!)! Yummy!

-dave