I hope/suspect it’s related to bag. I very much hope it is not a significant change to the Roborio or electronics (upgrade to locking connectors or change in radio/com welcome though I suppose).
However I also feel like FIRST might feel like Stewie in this clip https://youtu.be/Rk81yzaurGw Replace Jackal with your choice of “bag” or “water game”, which ever is funnier.
Other things I could think of (ranging from sarcastic to absurd to fears):
- teams with vex team members now have a 10k registration fee
- all events are becoming ‘mini world champs’
- field perimeter change (I would hope for riots if it were this)
- changes in the typical time line of a build season
- robot dimensions reducing to get more teams on an alliance
- change in qualification process to world champs for regionals
Didn’t the GDC split into two groups so one should be working on the 2020 game right now even though the 2019 game isn’t released? Or am I living in a dream world? If that split is a real thing, the fact that it’s a 2020 change could be related to the 2020 GDC decisions about the game?