Signs

Posted by Bill Beatty.

Other on team #71, Team Hammond, from Team Hammond.

Posted on 10/29/2000 8:08 AM MST

The rules state we have to display our team ID number at the drivers station. Any recommendations as to size, etc? Also, do we have to provide an A-frame sign for in front of the drivers station again this year.

Posted by Mike Aubry.

Engineer on team #47, Chiefs, from Pontiac Central and Delphi .

Posted on 10/29/2000 3:41 PM MST

In Reply to: Signs posted by Bill Beatty on 10/29/2000 8:08 AM MST:

: The rules state we have to display our team ID number at the drivers station. Any recommendations as to size, etc? Also, do we have to provide an A-frame sign for in front of the drivers station again this year.

I’d say the minimum is an 8 1/2 x 11 size, the largest should be no larger than @ 2 ft. The A frame signs are really nice if they are built with some kind of support structure. The flimsey ones seem to fall over and then no one can identify who is sitting where. I’ll see if we (organizers) can create a simple stand device that the signs can be leaned against or temporarily stuck to. This way it may just be that you all need to bring a poster board sized sign. Will post an answer as soon as I talk to Joe and Mike M.

Posted by Nick .

Student on team #240, Mach V, from Jefferson Monroe High School and Visteon.

Posted on 10/29/2000 8:31 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Signs posted by Mike Aubry on 10/29/2000 3:41 PM MST:

How about we all use a standard size sign and you guys could just provide the hook side of some velcro?

Posted by Mike Aubry.

Engineer on team #47, Chiefs, from Pontiac Central and Delphi .

Posted on 11/1/2000 6:27 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Signs posted by Nick on 10/29/2000 8:31 PM MST:

: How about we all use a standard size sign and you guys could just provide the hook side of some velcro?

Can’t remember what the rules said about the signs size, but I will check it out and get back with everyone tomorrow for sure!