Single Stage Gearbox

Hey guys,
I’ve been super bored lately at work so I decided to CAD up a single stage gearbox just for fun, and I wanted to show you guys. Any criticism is welcomed.

Angle 2 fixed.bmp (900 KB)
Angle 1.bmp (900 KB)

Angle 2 fixed.bmp (900 KB)
Angle 1.bmp (900 KB)

Interesting. It looks like a two-stage single speed though rather than a single-stage.
Why did you choose to go with screws/ locknuts intead of screws and tapped plates?
Why are there standoffs on the middle set of holes that go into 2x1 or another mounting surface, instead of just holes and short screws?

lol, you’re right, two-stage single speed. I went with locknuts instead of tapping the plate because I was worried that the 1/4 inch plate wouldn’t be enough room for the threads. I put standoffs there just off of habit, I didn’t even think about not having them.

Maybe because using short screws would then leave only 2 screws holding the CIMs. Of course this can be solved by adding more screws, especially since it looks like there is space for more.

It looks like he has separate holes for cim mounting (which I like BTW, even though it adds a tiny bit more weight).