Size limit for controller station?

I am just wondering if there is a size restriction on the maximum size for the driver station.

If you have any insight on this, please help me.

Thanks
Ian Heffron
Team 2811 Rules man
:]

Section 8.3.10 has all the rules on the operator console.

In this case, you want <R81>, which tells you that you have a 60" by 12" inch shelf that the console has to fit on.

But wait, there’s more! According to Section 6.2.10 , there is a 54" x 2" strip of loop-side Velcro tape running down the middle of that shelf. You are highly advised to have a matching hook-side strip on the bottom of your operator console. (I’ve seen control boards go flying before that strip of Velcro was added. Trust me, it’s worth it.)

Is there a maximum height restriction on the controller station?

There is not a height restriction, but you may want to use common sense–your drivers will want to see over or through it, and if they don’t, your coach will. (And quite possibly other coaches will, too.)

I would also highly discourage going higher than the top of the alliance station wall; there may be a few missed shots/trident hits up there.

Hey Eric,

How do you write “…has read the 2010 manual” with your name and avatar at the top of all of your posts? Plus, how do you get a reputation?

I’ll PM you about that.