Sleeper robot in Curie

Posted by Ken Loyd at 04/01/2001 11:35 AM EST

Coach on team #64, Gila Monsters, from Highland High School and Genreal Motors Desert Proving Grounds.

To all tems in the Curie Division:

Team #383 from Brazil has a very strong robot who I freely suggest as an Alliance Partner. They are also extremely wonderful people! They played a key role in our victory in Virginia.

Ken Loyd
Team #64

Posted by Rob Zeuge at 04/01/2001 11:55 AM EST

Coach on team #121, Rhode Warrior, from University of Rhode Island and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

In Reply to: Sleeper robot in Curie
Posted by Ken Loyd on 04/01/2001 11:35 AM EST:

It seems that the Curie division is lacking in “powerhouse” teams, but contains many solid sleepers.

There will be alliances coming out of this division that may not have superstar status, but will be definate contenders.

Best of luck

Robert Zeuge
[email protected]

Posted by Ken Leung at 04/01/2001 1:05 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Alot of sleeper bots in Curie
Posted by Rob Zeuge on 04/01/2001 11:55 AM EST:

How do you mean when you say “powerhouse”?

Are you talking about popular teams that everyone know, or teams with robots that are capable of doing really well in this year’s competition?

If it is the second one, then there are definitly non-sleeper teams in Curie that have done greatly in regional competitions.

If a team like #71 is considered to have a superstar status as they come out of their division, then I would argue that the two other divisions don’t have any superstar status alliances coming out of them neither.

I am interested in hearing about your opinion…

I think I will have to disagree with your statement, but I would rather wait and see how the matches and scores tell about the Curie division…

Posted by Rob Zeuge at 04/01/2001 4:23 PM EST

Coach on team #121, Rhode Warrior, from University of Rhode Island and Naval Undersea Warfare Center.

In Reply to: sleepers in Curie?
Posted by Ken Leung on 04/01/2001 1:05 PM EST:

By “Superstars” I mean teams that have built themselves a reputation for excellence in FIRST over the years. Sleepers are teams that are very capable at the game this year. My point is that there are many powerful alliances to be made that don’t stand out immediately. It is kind of like the nationals last year. People were so caught up with teams like 47 and 111 that they missed the incredible abilities of better alliances, who ended up victorious.

I hope to have the privelage of playing with many of these awesome teams this weekend.

Best of luck

Robert Zeuge
[email protected]