Small Parts

Posted by CArobot at 1/27/2001 2:34 PM EST

Other on team #619, CArobot, from Charlottesville Albemarle.

We are having a severe problem getting the correct parts shipped by Small Parts. Despite phone calls and faxes we can not get the parts we have ordered. This has happened twice and we are starting to get frantic since we can’t finish designing/building our robot without these parts. Does anyone know how to get Small Parts to send the correct order? Do you think its a chad problem? :wink:
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks,
CA Robot

PS

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 1/27/2001 2:53 PM EST

Other on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: Small Parts
Posted by CArobot on 1/27/2001 2:34 PM EST:

Are you faxing the order or ordering online? We have placed our orders online, and have not had any trouble. Looking at the receipt, it appears they double check each order before shipping (there are a set of two checkmarks for each item).

If you fax it, I imagine there is the possibility that it is typed incorrectly into their system. Are they sending the wrong parts?

: We are having a severe problem getting the correct parts shipped by Small Parts. Despite phone calls and faxes we can not get the parts we have ordered. This has happened twice and we are starting to get frantic since we can’t finish designing/building our robot without these parts. Does anyone know how to get Small Parts to send the correct order? Do you think its a chad problem? :wink:
: Any advice would be appreciated.
: Thanks,
: CA Robot

: PS

Posted by CArobot at 1/27/2001 5:47 PM EST

Other on team #619, CArobot, from Charlottesville Albemarle.

In Reply to: Re: Small Parts
Posted by Patrick Dingle on 1/27/2001 2:53 PM EST:

The order sheets have been completly correct but the actual parts they sent us have been completely wrong. I Don’t Understand why this would only happen to us.
We have been faxing our orders because the online ordering was down. We then contacted them over the phone and they still shipped the wrong parts.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks,
CA Robot

Posted by Andy Baker at 1/28/2001 9:20 AM EST

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted by CArobot on 1/27/2001 5:47 PM EST:

What do you need?

Andy B.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 1/28/2001 11:48 AM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: What are you needing?.. other teams may have spares
Posted by Andy Baker on 1/28/2001 9:20 AM EST:

We still have stuff left over from our H.E.R.O. Booth (Helping Every Robot Organization), where people could drop off spare parts and other teams that needed them could take them.

I dont know what we have, but you should ask Nick, he might know.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Dodd Stacy at 1/28/2001 9:34 PM EST

Engineer on team #95, Lebanon Robotics Team, from Lebanon High School and CRREL/CREARE.

In Reply to: What are you needing?.. other teams may have spares
Posted by Andy Baker on 1/28/2001 9:20 AM EST:

: What do you need?

: Andy B.

Team 95 has misplaced, or perhaps did not receive, one of the drill gearbox shift selectors - the square of black plastic on top the housing that engages the bail, and your thumb pushes when you shift gears on a drill. I know almost everybody else throws away the drill housing and locks the box in gear - or makes a slick pneumatic shifter - but we’re kind of partial to using the housing and the plastic “shift knob” and leaving it in one gear. We even retain the torque limiting clutch!

So, if anybody can spare this little junky piece of plastic, with the chrome hairpin spring on the back, please give me an e-mail and name your conditions. Thanks.

Dodd

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 1/29/2001 8:39 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Brother, Can You Spare … A Gear Shift Knob?
Posted by Dodd Stacy on 1/28/2001 9:34 PM EST:

We think we found what you were looking for tonite.
Nick should be emailing you shortly about it.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by nick237 at 1/29/2001 9:53 PM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

In Reply to: Brother, Can You Spare … A Gear Shift Knob?
Posted by Dodd Stacy on 1/28/2001 9:34 PM EST:

Team 237 still has the H E R O booth operating for any and all teams that need spare parts.
All we ask is what you need and where to send it…
Your part is on its way.
nick237

: : What do you need?

: : Andy B.

: Team 95 has misplaced, or perhaps did not receive, one of the drill gearbox shift selectors - the square of black plastic on top the housing that engages the bail, and your thumb pushes when you shift gears on a drill. I know almost everybody else throws away the drill housing and locks the box in gear - or makes a slick pneumatic shifter - but we’re kind of partial to using the housing and the plastic “shift knob” and leaving it in one gear. We even retain the torque limiting clutch!

: So, if anybody can spare this little junky piece of plastic, with the chrome hairpin spring on the back, please give me an e-mail and name your conditions. Thanks.

: Dodd

Posted by Joe Ross at 1/28/2001 8:56 PM EST

Engineer on team #330, Beach Bot, from Hope Chapel Academy and NASA/JPL , J&F Machine, and Raytheon.

Posted by CArobot on 1/27/2001 5:47 PM EST:

We have ordered online and they sent us one part that was the wrong size. I don’t know what to do except complain to your representative at FIRST. They might open up the additional hardware list again if enough people complain.