SoCal Regional

Of course they save the best regionals for last! :slight_smile:

I know there’s a thread about meeting up after the regional but I just wanted to know who’s all going and who’s excited. I know I am!! I can’t be there on Thursday and won’t be able to go to 3rd street on Friday but I’ll be at the arena all day Friday and Saturday so come say hi, I’ll be at 691’s pit area or just meandering. Good luck to all the teams competing this weekend and especially to those coming down to beautiful southern California!

Sure, I’ll drop by you’re pit. Come check out ours too!

Friday Night Promenade info

Our team made the RCU arm bands today. Girls - be sure and get one before they run out.

RCU will have a pre-lunch 15 min meeting somewhere Friday. Location TBD. Brochures and info will be passed out.

Please keep in mind our team will be taking nominations for our team’s Gracious Professionalism Award to be handed out. Our team will also be going around interviewing teams for nominations. In AZ the award was presented just before lunch on Saturday in the pits.

Our team will be at Promenade Friday night http://home.no/epad/epad/smileyparty.gif.

Look for me at the scoring table next to the field :).

I can’t believe I am sucked into this again.

-_-!

-Ken Leung

*Originally posted by Ken L *
**Look for me at the scoring table next to the field :).

I can’t believe I am sucked into this again.

-_-!

-Ken Leung **
Okay I will, if they allow us back there.

*Originally posted by Ken L *
**I can’t believe I am sucked into this again.

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/lilly/hmm3grin2orange.gif

haha its finally here

Im so exicited hehehehhe…

who thinks they can win this regional?:rolleyes:

I get in Thursday at about 6pm. So I’ll see y’all on Friday.

*Originally posted by SpaceOsc *
**who thinks they can win this regional?:rolleyes: **
In what way? We might win it for style points; oh yeah. (we have a new top secret crowd pleaser device) Anyway, we seriously don’t think we can win the regional; we know we will.:wink:

Fear 696:ahh:
April 3-5 at the LA Sports Arena

*Originally posted by sanddrag *
**(we have a new top secret crowd pleaser device) **

http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/Jason/juggle.gif

*Originally posted by Bill Gold *
**I get in Thursday at about 6pm. So I’ll see y’all on Friday. **

Hey, I saw your post about not letting teams leave bins touching or inside the grey zone (in Sacramento, as I recall). Thank you.

Are you going to be our referee in S. California?

An email went out to all of south bay featuring LA Regional. I couldn’t figure out a better way than this to share it with you.

I didn’t have excellent pics of LA Regional or local teams, so perused Chief Delphi and sent the South Bay Calendar guy 3 pics. He chose which to use.

Here’s to lots of people in the stands!!!

http://home.no/epad/epad/hobbes.gif

Fox 11 news had left a voice mail at my home 5:20p, and then on my cell. They said they’ll be there tomorow. She wanted to know when the best time would be. She left email address, fax number, and phone number, so I sent info to all three areas about best times. Heads up!

Some of my best So Cal Regional memories…

Our programming mentor Mark Miller helping a dozen teams, i.e. working on West Covina’s autonomous for an hour since their programmer couldn’t be there to fix a problem.

Another mentor, LeRoy Nelson, since he wasn’t busy with our own robot, made a list of the bottom 10 teams and visited every single one to see if there was anything he could do. Rookies Washington Prep hadn’t won a match. LeRoy helped with something. The won their next match.

It prompted my talking to them, and I learned they’d won another team’s award - for Worst Luck. Later in the competition I jokingly said, “be gentle with us” cuz they were going up against us. We all laughed. The rookies won that match :yikes:

Loved giving out our team’s Gracious Professionalism Award again, so much fun making a fuss as a team all around the pits area to arrive at team 64’s pit and give them the award.

Our local paper Daily Breeze interviewed not only our team members but also Dave Lavery. Other reporters who did an article and pic on us this week stayed at the competition all afternoon to catch more pictures and the rest of the story.

best match of the year

Great jobs to all teams at So Cal, it was a great competition with many spectacular robots competing in very close matches! Even though I’m not ‘officially’ on 691 anymore I had a wonderful time working with the old team that made me feel at home again, terrific alliance partners, and getting to meet a whole new group of awesome individuals (including some CD’ers in here). Oh, and major thanks to 973 for picking us and 585 for forming a great final alliance. I know everyone on Hartburn had a fun time at LA so thanks and congrats to all.

*Originally posted by Doanie8 *
**and getting to meet a whole new group of awesome individuals (including some CD’ers in here). **
yep yep That was kind of neat. Just a fluke we ran into each other.

Today was awesome!!! My team had a great time! Congrats to Kingman and their whole alliance! Also Beach Cities and their allinace did an awesome job as well. The final match was so exciting! My team was a little disappointed because we didn’t do that great and as the awards ceremony went on we didn’t get anything and it kept going on and on and we had hoped to get an award and then it came to the chairman’s award. The description seemed to go on for a long time and then they were like this award is presented to Hope Chapel Academy team 330. When I heard that I screamed so loud! I was so happy becasue I had worked to help write the entry and I did the interview. Also the rookie team we mentored (1135) was seeded higher than we were at the end and they won the Rookie all star award. It turned out to be such a great day!!! Great job to everyone!!!:slight_smile:

*Originally posted by Courtneyteam330 *
**The description seemed to go on for a long time and then they were like this award is presented to Hope Chapel Academy team 330. When I heard that I screamed so loud! I was so happy becasue I had worked to help write the entry and I did the interview. **

Great job! Hope to see your entry posted, and a win for you in Houston!

*Originally posted by Redhead Jokes *
Our programming mentor Mark Miller helping a dozen teams, i.e. working on West Covina’s autonomous for an hour since their programmer couldn’t be there to fix a problem.

Oh, I must sincerely thank your team for that. It was great. I came straight from a boring three-hour long networking class (ugh), traversed through the evil LA freeway system (ugh), and was expecting to spend more (tiring) time debugging the code. The fact that it was fixed before I even got there really made my day. Thanks so very much!

Too bad that my autonomous code’s success rate was still abysmal. Oh well.

Now that the whole thing is done and over with, I can now realize sweet, blissful sleep. I seem to be perpetually sleepy.

*Originally posted by Lindy *
**Oh, I must sincerely thank your team for that. It was great. I came straight from a boring three-hour long networking class (ugh), traversed through the evil LA freeway system (ugh), and was expecting to spend more (tiring) time debugging the code. The fact that it was fixed before I even got there really made my day. Thanks so very much!

whine Didn’t get to meet the elusive programmer - you. Did you meet Mark? Hope to meet you some day!