We managed to purchase a few Romi robots, and they are incredible. I am wondering if someone could help with some issues we are having.
I am posting here because I do not want to muddy up the Romi git with issues that could either be…
…our fault in programming, or
Here are the issues we are noticing…
We can run any of the servos individually, but if we have more than one plugged into the Romi at once, the robot is fine under normal circumstances (driving), but the robot loses connection upon trying to move the servo we are trying to control (this is true even if only one Servo is instantiated at the time).
The only errors we see are a recurring brownout message (even without the servo plugged in with fresh batteries). We are using the Pololu NMh batteries.
When we lose connection, we get the following message in the terminal.
connection reset by peer
Now for the weird part. We also have many Vex motors and a hobby tt motor. We can run a claw bot servo with a vex servo and an old Vex 3-wire motor (max stall is 1.5 amps on that one, but there is a built-in thermal fuse) or tt motor fine (until a true brownout happens with low batteries).
The Analog Input does not seem to work. We tested with the analog in of the Pololu servos and a Vex Line Tracker. When using either of these,
Anaolg.getVoltage() returns zero.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any insight or knew where we should begin troubleshooting.
In creating our programs, we noticed similar disconnect issues with any runtime error (we may or may not have created a race condition accidentally).
We have thought it may be nice if there was a way for a better terminal to see error messages on the Romi hardware, but when communications drop, that has obvious difficulties in implementation. I wonder if there were a log system that could be helpful.
Our code is posted here.