Someone wanted to see a Gila Monster? =)

Well there you have it, Gila V. Go to the site and click on the pictures section to view it, there are 9 pictures.

www.gilamonster.org

And Just to answer a few questions that I know will be asked:

1. Yes, we can crab
  2. Yes, it drives like a dream
  3. Yes, we have good power and speed
  4. Yes, we get good traction
  5. Yes, we can grab two goals very well

I don’t remember it “crabbing”.

Looks nice. It’s a bit of a battlebot though. Hope you don’t try to injure any robots.

We have no intentions of using our “spikes” as weapons, I promise they are just for grabbing on to the goals. Don’t get in their way though, we wouldn’t want any accidents :rolleyes:

*Originally posted by Colin Bohannan *
**Looks nice. It’s a bit of a battlebot though. Hope you don’t try to injure any robots. **

Whereever did you get that idea? Was it the sweet drive system or the chainsaw attachment that is hidden by the frame?

*Originally posted by Colin Bohannan *
**Looks nice. It’s a bit of a battlebot though. Hope you don’t try to injure any robots. **

I remember at 2000 when I was driver for 192 GRT’s G-Force… There was a match when Gila monster’s bot went up against the goal, extended their basket 6~7 feet in the air to score balls, and G-Force pushed them away to stop them from scoring, forcing them to fall on their side… Back when we were supposed to have a “violent” robot, and and Gila Monster’s bot famous for its agility and maneuverability…

Funny thing how it’s different now and GRT think the Gila monster is building a bot that’s “a bit of a battlebot”. I guess time passed quicker than I thought. But one thing that will never change, is how great a team the Gila Monsters is. The new Gila monster drive train really represent how much their team have learn and grow from all these years of competition, and as a result their robot have such a cool design. Very cool.

Gila monsters will always be a great team, and the most spirited among west coast teams. And for that, I say, Great Job!

Look forward to meet your team once again at a west coast regional.

*Originally posted by Ken Leung *
**Gila monsters will always be a great team, and the most spirited among west coast teams. And for that, I say, Great Job!

Look forward to meet your team once again at a west coast regional. **

We look forward to seeing you there too, and thanks for the nice compliment :smiley:

One thing you have never lacked is respect, and honor is not too shortcoming either. Two years ago was a fun year for our team, we got tipped over a couple times with that strategy. Matt (our driver) was finally able to stop it from tipping once though with an incredible display. We were up on two wheels for what seemed like an eternity before he finally got us back on the ground. A lot has changed, we have in my opinion, an equal if not superior robot for this given year then we have ever had, and I am confident that I can meet the high bar Matt has set for driver.

One more thing about the “spikes”:

If any robot is damaged because of them, I will personally help with repairs as long as that robot was not trying to harm us. Truly, they were designed with no more intent than to grab the goals, although we often joke about other users (but never plan to use them). See you all at the competitions :cool:

Great Job again !!
We still remember our winning Alliance at Langley last year, hopefully history will repeat itself this year !

I think that some of your teammates have won some of our ‘questions of the day’ on metalinmotion.com but remember we are always coming up with new ones.

Good luck

Don Taylor
M-N-M Team 343

So what was the “Silent Auction” for in the 2000-2001 season?? Not the robot I hope? :frowning: :eek: :confused: