Song of Choice for Crescendo

Greetings fellow Internet users!
Considering 2024 seems to be a musical year, what song(s) seem to be missing from FIRST event playlists? Remember, the FIRST music ban list is watching. :pensive:

7 Likes

Bolero by Ravel - it’s one great crescendo from start to end.

14 Likes

Classic.

13 Likes

In the Hall of the Mountain King is similar that way

9 Likes

Every year since 2018 I have created a playlist centered around the theme of the season, this year is related to arts. Songs are included if they are related to arts in their title or their content. Please make any suggestions and enjoy!

3 Likes

Best crescendo ever is sung by Pavarotti at the end of Nessun Dorma.

Vincerò!

6 Likes

I feel that although not exactly themed around the game i would love “Lost” by Linkin Park to be played at an event this season, great song

3 Likes

This bop

2 Likes

4’33".

13 Likes

We are writing our own song. Will update in January with the final recording. Here is the style hint:

23 Likes

This reply is providing me with so much hope for today’s youth. LP is a staple of my CAD/work playlists.

4 Likes

Thanks! Glad to see a fellow enjoyer in this thread!

1 Like

I have a fever, and the only prescription is more Daft Punk.

Seriously, though:
anything from Apashe – the artist 610 uses for all their reveals
The Formula - Will.I.Am
The Pretender - Foo Fighters
Can’t Stop - RHCP
Pretty much any Imagine Dragons song, it fits well as stadium rock given that most FRC events are in, well, a stadium of some kind. For that matter any 2014-era fall out boy would fit too. Not as into this genre as I used to be but it still helps the events to feel epic as you get closer to finals.

2 Likes

I came here to say this exact same thing, and saw that I got beat to it… in the first post! Well done, friend.

1 Like

I like Bolero more for this, though, because it keeps basically the same ostinato throughout (and keeps it up for much longer, which makes it a really impressive piece when done well).

2 Likes

Imagine Dragon songs at events were definitely the jam. I always enjoyed those songs before matches started. Lots of hype!

1 Like

Yeah— we played a piece inspired by Bolero called Unraveling, which is similar. It increases in both tempo and volume throughout, as well as being just slightly longer than a match.

4 Likes

Mr N on various instruments, me with the synths, and some friends joining in too. Anybody know how to play the saxophone? Buckle up, y’all aren’t even close to ready for how hard this is about to go.

Some inspiration I am drawing from for our upcoming hit single:

5 Likes

Wow, the teaser had me thinking of the Midnight! Glad to see some fellow synthwave enjoyers in the FRC community :metal:

2 Likes

Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue

5 Likes