Sorry Andy Grady

Posted by D.J…

Engineer on team #190, WPI/Mass Academy, from WPI and WPI.

Posted on 9/26/2000 6:09 PM MST

Sorry to say it skrach, but it shall be, and always will be zip-ties/tie-wraps…

Posted by Ken.

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

Posted on 9/26/2000 6:11 PM MST

In Reply to: Sorry Andy Grady posted by D.J. on 9/26/2000 6:09 PM MST:

: Sorry to say it skrach, but it shall be, and always will be zip-ties/tie-wraps…

hehe, trying to grab the ‘zip-tie’ group to your side?

Posted by Andy Grady.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team in limbo from in limbo sponsored by in limbo.

Posted on 9/26/2000 6:28 PM MST

Ya know, sometimes i think the whole world is out to get me, first my buddies at Osram are for Tie Wraps, then Eric Rasmussen, now my former teamate DJ. Please help me people, even if you don’t care just join team Bar-Lok for me =)

cya,
Andy Grady =)

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 9/26/2000 9:37 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Andy Grady posted by Andy Grady on 9/26/2000 6:28 PM MST:

amy–

andy, you’re the man!! you’ve known that…

and even if i wasn’t a bar-lok girl at heart… i would join your team :wink:

dj’s no threat :-P… i’ll bet on it anyday :slight_smile:

gooooooo Bar-loks!!

Posted by Deej.

Posted on 9/28/2000 12:15 PM MST

In Reply to: Sorry Don Juan :slight_smile: posted by colleen on 9/26/2000 9:37 PM MST:

: amy–

: andy, you’re the man!! you’ve known that…

: and even if i wasn’t a bar-lok girl at heart… i would join your team :wink:

:
: dj’s no threat :-P… i’ll bet on it anyday :slight_smile:

: gooooooo Bar-loks!!

Colleen, put your money where your mouth is there hun…

Deej

Posted by colleen.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Coach on team #246, Blue Light Special, from John D. O’Byrant High School/Boston Latin Academy and NSTAR/Boston University/UTC/Raytheon/MassPEP.

Posted on 9/28/2000 6:26 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Don Juan :slight_smile: posted by Deej on 9/28/2000 12:15 PM MST:

open mouth, insert $$$

anyday stranger

Posted on 9/28/2000 6:52 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Don Juan :slight_smile: posted by colleen on 9/28/2000 6:26 PM MST:

Sorry DJ, my money is on Colleen, ive been against her, and i got whooped. And seeing that I taught you everything i know, and I can’t beat Colleen, i guess your outa luck =)

Peace out,
Andy

Posted by Deej.

Posted on 9/28/2000 7:00 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Don Juan :slight_smile: posted by Andy Grady on 9/28/2000 6:52 PM MST:

Andy ‘Skrach’ Grady, what exactly did you teach me?

Posted by Amy .

Student on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High and NYPRO.

Posted on 9/29/2000 8:51 PM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Don Juan :slight_smile: posted by Deej on 9/28/2000 7:00 PM MST:

He taught you everything you know. Have you been paying attention, Deej?

Posted by Jessica Boucher.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

Posted on 9/27/2000 7:29 AM MST

In Reply to: Re: Sorry Andy Grady posted by Andy Grady on 9/26/2000 6:28 PM MST:

: Ya know, sometimes i think the whole world is out to get me, first my buddies at Osram are for Tie Wraps, then Eric Rasmussen, now my former teamate DJ. Please help me people, even if you don’t care just join team Bar-Lok for me =)

ohh, you poor thing…well, at least you tried to change the FIRST community, maybe you’re just ahead of your time. But its all good, and in your heart it will always be Bar-Loks ::grin::…and as long as your team understands what you’re saying, thats all that matters, right?

-Jessica Boucher, Student Leader #237

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 9/27/2000 9:31 AM MST

: Sorry to say it skrach, but it shall be, and always will be zip-ties/tie-wraps…

I am on team tie-wrap. The buttons will be available in March :slight_smile:
also, decorative tie-wrap jewelry.

and of course, contests for the t-shirts!!!

who is joining me?!?!?!

-erin

Posted by Andy Baker.

Engineer on team #45, TechnoKats, from Kokomo High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

Posted on 9/27/2000 10:04 AM MST

I was at a design show yesterday, and visited the Panduit booth. Panduit, for those of you who do not know, sells the most ‘Cable Ties’ in the world. They have 65% of the market.

According to a dude named Kent at the booth, they should officially be called ‘Cable Ties’. I asked him what the heck a ‘Bar-Lock’ was, and he replied that a ‘Barb-lock’ was a cable tie that had a metal tooth instead of a plastic one.

Since Panduit controls the market share of the cable tie industry, I say that the official name is ‘Cable Tie’.

So, those of you who are dallying over on the ‘Tie-Wrap’ team… come over to the ‘Cable Tie’ team. You’re close, but not quite correct. For you rebels on the ‘Bar-Lock’ team… there is no hope for you. You are evil.

On a side note… Kent also said that Delphi is their biggest customer. I guess we make alot of cables.

Andy B.

Posted on 9/27/2000 11:23 AM MST

In Reply to: Panduit says ‘Cable Ties’ posted by Andy Baker on 9/27/2000 10:04 AM MST:

Ok, I know that Bar-Loks are called cable ties in most parts of the free world, I will admit that, however…my goal is not to change the past, but instead the future. For anyone who has ever had the need to be original, team Bar-Lok is for you! Why be a conformest when you can be a part of one of the coolest teams on earth. Just the name alone gives an essence of power, BAR-LOK sounds strong, like a strong steal bar with an amazingly strong lock on it. You can’t tell me that just makes you feel better about having your controls or whatever held down by them. The name tie wrap or cable tie just sounds so weak, and only tells its purpose. Bar-Lok is more than just a name, its an attitude! By being on team Bar-Lok you are showing that you have a strong will, and determination to succeed. If you are with team Tie Wrap your conforming to the normal, maybe its time for a change for you! All it takes, is that one brave step of announcing ‘Hey, i want to be on team Bar-Lok’, and your in. Join us, together we will start a revolution!!!

thank you,
Andrew Grady, Co-founder team Bar-Lok

Posted by Fran .

Other on team #166, Team Merrimack, from Merrimack High School and Texas Instruments/R.S. Machines.

Posted on 9/28/2000 4:40 AM MST

In Reply to: Bar-Lok is an attitude posted by Andy Grady on 9/27/2000 11:23 AM MST:

Sounds strong until you have to explain what it is for the 3rd time(to someone who is uninformed) and have also wasted some of your precious building/repairing time because you had to explain it yet once again…I always opt for the shortest, easiest, most effective route that won’t waste my time

BUT…if your bored and trying to kill time it makes a great topic.

Fran
Techno Insanity
#166.

: Ok, I know that Bar-Loks are called cable ties in most parts of the free world, I will admit that, however…my goal is not to change the past, but instead the future. For anyone who has ever had the need to be original, team Bar-Lok is for you! Why be a conformest when you can be a part of one of the coolest teams on earth. Just the name alone gives an essence of power, BAR-LOK sounds strong, like a strong steal bar with an amazingly strong lock on it. You can’t tell me that just makes you feel better about having your controls or whatever held down by them. The name tie wrap or cable tie just sounds so weak, and only tells its purpose. Bar-Lok is more than just a name, its an attitude! By being on team Bar-Lok you are showing that you have a strong will, and determination to succeed. If you are with team Tie Wrap your conforming to the normal, maybe its time for a change for you! All it takes, is that one brave step of announcing ‘Hey, i want to be on team Bar-Lok’, and your in. Join us, together we will start a revolution!!!

: thank you,
: Andrew Grady, Co-founder team Bar-Lok

Posted by Erin.   [PICTURE: SAME | NEW | HELP]

Other on team #1, The Juggernauts, from OTC-NE and 3-Dimensional Services.

Posted on 9/28/2000 5:37 AM MST

What do you geniuses think?? Tie-Wraps, Zip-Ties, BAR-LOKS (?!?!) or cable ties?

As Joe says, do tell.

-erin

Posted by Jim Meyer.

Engineer on team #67, HOT Team, from Huron Valley Schools and GM Milford Proving Ground.

Posted on 9/28/2000 6:47 AM MST

I don’t subscribe to the Bar-lok camp. If you had asked me what a Bar-lok was before these recent posts I would have guessed it was character on Star Trek.

I do have some difficulty saying that Bar-lok is wrong though. The day that I start referring to Velcro tape as hook and loop tape, Vice-Grips as locking pliers, Channel-Locks as… I don’t even know (adjustable jaw pliers?), and Kleenex as facial tissue will be the day I condemn Bar-loks as a term for zip-ties/tie-wraps/cable-ties/wire-ties. They will always be zip-ties to me, which I think is also a brand name.

Just some thoughts,

Jim

Posted by Matt Leese.

Other on team #73 from Rochester Institute of Technology and None.

Posted on 9/28/2000 9:36 PM MST

In Reply to: Bar-loks… posted by Jim Meyer on 9/28/2000 6:47 AM MST:

For those who care, the generic name for Channelock is Arc-Joint Pliers. That’s what I get for working at Sear’s Hardware this summer…

Matt