Sources for pneumatic cylinders BIMBA problems

I have had MUCH trouble getting BIMBA cylinders this season. In addition to the PDV order, I have also placed another order with a local distributor. We are now two weeks pasts the promised ship date and Bimba keeps putting off the ship date until later.

I am in need of two 3/4 inch bore single acting 6" stroke spring return cylinders to complete our robot. We are otherwise fully assembled.

Any recommendations for another manufacture?

McMaster-Carr (mcmaster.com) has these in stock. They should be BIMBA cylinders. McMaster ships all over the country and can get them to you in a couple days. Faster if you want to pay for it.

Pivot Mount- 6498K528
Nose Mount- 6498K146

We buy cylinders from Knotts suppliers in new jersey.
Not sure if they will service your location but they usually deliver in 2 days.

PM me if you need anything further.

Automation Direct ships same day. We ordered Friday and had them to Michigan Monday morning. Hey aren’t Bimba, but they are a good quality affordable cylinder.

SMC is headquartered right here in central Indiana. They will ship same day or you can pick them up at will call in Fishers.

SMC online

For the country in general, I second Automation Direct (smaller selection, better price) and Mcmaster (has everything, reasonable price).

Thanks to all! I have plenty of options now.

+1 more for Automation Direct - there was a problem with our account (I no longer have access to the email address I used last year), and the next day I was speaking directly to their FIRST program associate from his home…solved my problem and got our two cylinders out immediately. It was probably the best customer service I’ve experienced.

They also give every team a voucher every year!

I’ll add a + (or whatever number:P) for Automation Direct. They are offering free 2-day shipping if your order is >$50. Here is their selection:
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Pneumatic_Components/Pneumatic_Air_Cylinders/Round_Body_Air_Cylinders_(A-Series)
And here is one option for what you need specifically:
http://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Pneumatic_Components/Pneumatic_Air_Cylinders/Round_Body_Air_Cylinders_(A-Series)/3-z-4_inch_Bore/A12060SP

There are a couple of mounting options to look into too.

First link is missing a “)” at the end …

Here is a list of other things teams typically get from AutomationDirect: Link