Spark MAX CAN ID Resetting

Our Spark MAX can’t seem to keep its CAN ID after a power cycle. The story goes like this: I power the robot on, and the controller will have a magenta blink, meaning there’s in invalid signal. Powering off and back on has no effect, so I connect to the CAN bus via USB-C. I reassign the CAN ID number to my desired number, and enable the robot. The motor will continue to work until the robot goes through another power cycle where the ID is reset to zero. My troubleshooting has so far consisted of (in chronological order):

• Checking all cable/wire connections
  • Swapping the motor controller
  • Swapping the motor
  • Connecting via USB to both the motor controller itself and a functional motor controller.
  • Ensuring that our motor controllers, including the misbehaving one, are updated to version 1.5.2
  • Ensuring that our REV Hardware Client is updated to version 1.1.0

Has anyone else had a similar problem or happen to know the solution? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Are you making sure to hit Burn Flash after setting the CAN ID?

From the Documentation:

For the SPARK MAX to remember its new configuration through a power-cycle, the settings must be saved. To do this, press the Burn Flash button on the bottom of the page. It will take a few seconds to save, indicated by the loading symbol on the button.

1 Like

Wowww… I’m not sure how I missed that but it worked. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.