We did use Max’s over CAN last year with no issues. I was trying to configure the controller over CAN from the client so here were the steps I took"
- Tried different configurations of the CAN bus
- Reinstalled client
- Using different USB cables
- Firewalls and all that stuff turned off on laptop
- Tried resetting both Maxs and reuploading latest firmware
Over USB I did notice issues with it.
- Often times, the Max would not appear until I unplugged/plugged in USB multiple times or restarted client multiple times
- When it did connect, it would not show any firmware version for either controller
- Often I would get an error from the client saying to check that the backend server is running or to unplug/plug USB again
- Sometimes I could not even select the controller from the network menu to upload firmware. I would hover over the checkbox and the pointer would turn into an error symbol. I had to reset using the mode button and then I could select it and upload firmware. (But the client still wouldn’t show firmware version even after this)
However, I had no issues configuring the controllers or running them from the client once I got them connected but never once did firmware version come up.
Also, I just saw this thread so I don’t know if the changes in the beginning still apply or not so I will be able to try them tomorrow if that would change something.