"Spirit of the Rules" character artwork needed

In this season of unique challenges, FIRST asks us to “make good-faith efforts to be thoughtful about, and follow, the spirit of the rules.” In Team Update 02, Frank told us that his hope is that “that this year teams will be able to make more of their own judgments about the rules, [consider] their spirit, and [think] about what grandma would say.”

This thread is to collect proposed artwork for The Spirit of the Rules, a friendly but mysterious creature that we’d all like to get to know better.

9 Likes

This is what I picture:

24 Likes

48 Likes

In classic FRC fashion, we can simply redefine the meaning of what grandma would say; I propose the following:

15 Likes

I don’t have the artwork you’re looking for but I know where you can find it.

If you ever get your hands on a copy, page 63 and onwards should be everything you need.

43 Likes

Would a picture of a red card and a yellow card together suffice?

1 Like

Ohhh… you said spirit… and I totally thought it said spirits.

1 Like

This is Spirit. They’re a little shy and not really sure of themselves. Every keeps telling them they’re important but they feel like all they did was show up. They like snacks*.

You got me snacks?!

get your own spirit

60 Likes

45 Likes

This is @RoboChair change my mind.

4 Likes

Which one?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Frank?!?!?!? It was you all along?!?!?!?

9 Likes

It actually has a collection of novelty shirts, this one is just the favorite (off the top of my head, open for other great QA moments).

16 Likes

Best I can do

10 Likes

What units?

Thank you

Spirit is good, but we all know Opportunity is better.
Curiosity helps us stretch our boundaries.
We’ll soon find out how well Perseverance performs under pressure.

8 Likes

4 Likes

Are we sure there aren’t two… sarcastically laughing at us from on high?

18 Likes