Stack height

any guesses on the highest stack height? I’m guessing around 10 SHU

the height you want is the stack height eqaul to boxes no stacked, for max pointage.

I don’t think you will wind up with 20 boxes on you side unless its a real blowout, which we hopefully won’t see.

We are probably going to make ours capable of stacking to 7 or 8 high. even that is a little tall.

*Originally posted by Frank(Aflak) *
**the height you want is the stack height eqaul to boxes no stacked, for max pointage.

I don’t think you will wind up with 20 boxes on you side unless its a real blowout, which we hopefully won’t see.

We are probably going to make ours capable of stacking to 7 or 8 high. even that is a little tall. **

I don’t see why you won’t end up with 20 boxes, there are 45 total, so 20 is less than half…

We stacked some 12 high yesterday, if anyone can stack them that high I will be really impressed.

I see the highest stack will probably be 7 or 8 bins (so possibly 9 SHU)

Well, you can stack any height that you want to. Just look at it from an Engineer’s stand point. I won’t say how to look at it, just think about it. You can stack 20 if you really wanted to, with a robot LESS than the given dimensions. Just think about it… :slight_smile:

Ok, say they get a stack 20 high, you know how to knock it over? Look at it funny. Seriously, our stack of 12 came over by itself after a bit.

*Originally posted by Johca_Gaorl *
**Ok, say they get a stack 20 high, you know how to knock it over? Look at it funny. Seriously, our stack of 12 came over by itself after a bit. **

ROFL. I like that :slight_smile:

I want to see a bot that can stack them end to end. If there’s a team that can do that and keep it standing…they should win something.

you know what i want to see? the judges resetting the field when there are several stacks of 10+ bins
“im not touching it you touch it”
“ok i will go get the helmets”

I know how you could make a huge stack . . . pick up one, put it on another. Pick up the two (from the bottom box) put the stack on another.

Assuming you had a strong enough bot and didn’t make any sudden movements to tip it all over, you could stack all 45 of them . . . . but that would take like 9 billion tries. 20 i guess is not inconcievable (haha, princess bride) but it is unlikely. Too tippy and stuff.

Well, maybe thats what Matt meant, and maybe no, but I don’t really see mega stacks becoming popular, to easy to knock down and . . . . hell, your big fan could probably take down a 20 high stack (kidding . … or am i:confused: )

The sound-system at regionals (or freaking Ramp Riot…oww…) could probably knock over a stack of 3 :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t think it would be point effiecient to stack them 20 high, that would mean you would have to have 20 more boxes on the floor to get your maximum score, which would be a 400 + bots

*Originally posted by Frank(Aflak) *
**I know how you could make a huge stack . . . pick up one, put it on another. Pick up the two (from the bottom box) put the stack on another.

Assuming you had a strong enough bot and didn’t make any sudden movements to tip it all over, you could stack all 45 of them . . . . but that would take like 9 billion tries. 20 i guess is not inconcievable (haha, princess bride) but it is unlikely. Too tippy and stuff.

Well, maybe thats what Matt meant, and maybe no, but I don’t really see mega stacks becoming popular, to easy to knock down and . . . . hell, your big fan could probably take down a 20 high stack (kidding . … or am i:confused: ) **

EXACTLY!!! Good stuff! :yikes: If you don’t see it feasable to get it stacking on top, look at from bottom! You could stack it as high as you want, but it probaly would include some Duck Tape and Super glue. Just rember, there are over 100 ways you can stack. Just beat your brain long enough and you will get all the combinations you can for picking/controlling boxes! :slight_smile:

We got 14 in our shop tonight (i’ll get pictures later) and it standed for about 5 minutes w/o any assistance. We have one guy that can get about 12 w/o even jumping.

*Originally posted by Clark Gilbert *
**We got 14 in our shop tonight (i’ll get pictures later) and it standed for about 5 minutes w/o any assistance. We have one guy that can get about 12 w/o even jumping. **

So you have a guy on your team about 8’ high? haha, j/k, I’m impressed.

How long did it take you to make those stacks.

I also see, if anyone gets a stack that high, it being attacked very soon. Also, say your bot is holding a stack 14 high and moves to go get another box, what’s gonna happen?

Here’s a cool movie us of us stacking 16 i think:

http://www.oasd.k12.wi.us/Schools/OHS/robotics/2003Competition/robobins.mpg (large!!!)