starting a F.I.R.S.T. boy band?

Posted by Hymnson at 03/07/2001 2:22 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

LOL So what do ya’ll think? How bout it? Anyone interested? Guys and Girls all welcomed! Even if you dont have much talent…it could be easily be compensated by looks, hehe. Any ideas for a name? Just post here!

Posted by EJ at 03/07/2001 6:28 PM EST

Student on team #254, Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine.

In Reply to: starting a F.I.R.S.T. boy band?
Posted by Hymnson on 03/07/2001 2:22 PM EST:

y?..o, y? did u say that?..i wonder wut other sick and twisted things are runing threw ur head?..wait, n.m. i don’t wanna know. (if u haven’t already caught on, I HATE BOY BANDS. THEY ALL DESERVE TO HAVE THEIR VOCAL CORDS RIPPED OUT SO NO ONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO LISTEN TO THEM SING AGAIN!!!)
~EJ

Posted by Stephen Riley at 03/07/2001 7:25 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Wentworth Institute of Technology and sponsors? what are they?.

In Reply to: i’m gonna die!!!
Posted by EJ on 03/07/2001 6:28 PM EST:

EJ, you are correct, boybands should die, and it seems like i may have to do some culling of the Rambots herd soon, for i am not going to listen to that crap, but that is my opinion and i still say my opinion stays and its the only one that matters, so say Bye Bye Bye(couldn’t resist, i know i should be shot for that though) Hymson.

Posted by mike oleary at 03/07/2001 9:47 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Re: i’m gonna die!!!
Posted by Stephen Riley on 03/07/2001 7:25 PM EST:

ej and riley youre both right…hymson: youre going down…riley: im gonna hold you to that ‘i should be shot’…on the other hand…if the band is a joke and its only purpose is to mock boybands…a parody band…count me in

: EJ, you are correct, boybands should die, and it seems like i may have to do some culling of the Rambots herd soon, for i am not going to listen to that crap, but that is my opinion and i still say my opinion stays and its the only one that matters, so say Bye Bye Bye(couldn’t resist, i know i should be shot for that though) Hymson.

Posted by Mike Corliss at 03/07/2001 11:04 PM EST

Student on team #419, Rambots, from BC High and :(.

Posted by mike oleary on 03/07/2001 9:47 PM EST:

dude, i hate boy bands music, but i have to sympathize
with dead sexy guys with no talent, as i am one. so,
boycott the music, but leave these poor souls out of
it. it’s not their fault!

mike
my team will kill me for this, except hyms

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/08/2001 12:42 AM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

Posted by Mike Corliss on 03/07/2001 11:04 PM EST:

The music isn’t too bad. Some of the videos aren’t that bad either (I liked the Larger Than Life video). I just hate the bands themselves.

-Ed “I’m going to hate myself for this in the morning” McDonnell

Posted by Jeff W. at 03/08/2001 12:48 AM EST

Student on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and Don’t think we actually have a sponsor.

Posted by EddieMcD on 03/08/2001 12:42 AM EST:

Boyband eh? hmmmmm. i say we use our robots and attack them. It would be funny if Dean use “It” and chase the boybands away.

Actually its not there fault, its the people that write the songs for them. The people that write those music are going down.

Jeff W.

Posted by Hannah at 03/08/2001 6:43 PM EST

Student on team #126, Gael Force, from Clinton High School and NYPRO.

Posted by Jeff W. on 03/08/2001 12:48 AM EST:

Ya, their music isn’t the best, but all you guys know that you would get on stage, sing and dance around for the money they get and millions of girls constantly wanting your attention… Don’t try to deny it.

Posted by mike oleary at 03/08/2001 9:28 PM EST

Student on team #419, rambots, from bc high and sponsors are overrated…go pocket-change robots!!!.

In Reply to: Don’t deny it
Posted by Hannah on 03/08/2001 6:43 PM EST:

i deny it…im not a sell out and im certaintly not gonna sell out my principals or my manhood…ive never been shy or anything and love making scenes and stuff but i have could never bring myself to seriously be in a boy band…i might go on stage with some friends and make fun of boybands by pretending to be with one, but thats humor…

: Ya, their music isn’t the best, but all you guys know that you would get on stage, sing and dance around for the money they get and millions of girls constantly wanting your attention… Don’t try to deny it.

Posted by Jeff W. at 03/08/2001 11:33 PM EST

Student on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Boston College High School and Don’t think we actually have a sponsor.

In Reply to: Re: Don’t deny it
Posted by mike oleary on 03/08/2001 9:28 PM EST:

Mike, I agree with you. I would rather go on stage n make a fool outta myself than going on stage and pretend to sing & dance. If they atleast play and write their own music, then i’ll think about considering them as a boyband. Otherwise they are random people picked from the street by the record company to make money. Greedy Record Companies!! Napster all the way!!!

Remember they are adding this filter program to it this weekend so download as much mp3s as possible.

Jeff W.
hmmm… how did i get into the Napster thing???

: i deny it…im not a sell out and im certaintly not gonna sell out my principals or my manhood…ive never been shy or anything and love making scenes and stuff but i have could never bring myself to seriously be in a boy band…i might go on stage with some friends and make fun of boybands by pretending to be with one, but thats humor…

: : Ya, their music isn’t the best, but all you guys know that you would get on stage, sing and dance around for the money they get and millions of girls constantly wanting your attention… Don’t try to deny it.

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/09/2001 12:02 AM EST

In Reply to: Re: Don’t deny it
Posted by Jeff W. on 03/08/2001 11:33 PM EST:

Well, we can have a true boy band. Get a couple of guitarists, a keyboarder, drummer (someone on my team would like that), and a head vocalist. I call vocalist!

-Ed “The guy with an idea for a true boy band” McDonnell

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 4:15 PM EST

In Reply to: Idea!
Posted by EddieMcD on 03/09/2001 12:02 AM EST:

it would be pretty hard for a keyboarder or drummer to dance around while they played…plus that would make it not a boy band cuz it goes against the ‘principals’ of boy bandism (principals is in quotes cuz its more of a lack there of)…boy band: group of overpayed, talentless boys who wear makeup and havent hit puberty, and all sing and dance around stage in a choreographed routine…no randomness or sponteneity…this means that there by definition cant be a lead singer. if you have a lead singer and the other people actually play music then it becomes a band that just happens to play bad music
mike
president, ninnies against boybandism

: Well, we can have a true boy band. Get a couple of guitarists, a keyboarder, drummer (someone on my team would like that), and a head vocalist. I call vocalist!

: -Ed “The guy with an idea for a true boy band” McDonnell

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/09/2001 6:32 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: Idea!
Posted by mike oleary on 03/09/2001 4:15 PM EST:

No. I don’t mean a dancing band. I mean something like Bon Jovi or most of those old bands.

-Ed “I mean a real band” McDonnell

Posted by mike oleary at 03/09/2001 7:24 PM EST

In Reply to: Re: Idea!
Posted by EddieMcD on 03/09/2001 6:32 PM EST:

oh…well thats acceptable i suppose…at least members of that type of band are their own people not someones puppets…though i think calling it a ‘real band’ is maybe pushing it…but to each theyre own

: No. I don’t mean a dancing band. I mean something like Bon Jovi or most of those old bands.

: -Ed “I mean a real band” McDonnell

Posted by Stephen Riley at 03/08/2001 10:33 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, RAMBOTS, from Wentworth Institute of Technology and sponsors? what are they?.

In Reply to: Don’t deny it
Posted by Hannah on 03/08/2001 6:43 PM EST:

ok now for everyone that knows me, you know i’m a freak and do most things to get a rise out of people or just for kicks, but if i were to oin a boy band it would be a felony for me to touch those girls so why would i do it? and besides they do not write their own music, or play their own instrumemts, so i ask you this: how are they a “band”? to me they are puppets on really big strings, and yes N*SYNC’s label must have wanted to throw that in everyone’s faces, and i think that is hilarious, i wouldn’t mind the money for doing absolutly nothing but looking good, but even I have some self respect, yes I have some self-respect (hard to believe aint it)
Steve

Posted by mike oleary at 03/08/2001 4:10 PM EST

Posted by Mike Corliss on 03/07/2001 11:04 PM EST:

youre a dead sexy guy with no talent?..i agree with one part…you have no talent…but to the other part…well lets see what the other people have to say…hes the one on the right…

: dude, i hate boy bands music, but i have to sympathize
: with dead sexy guys with no talent, as i am one. so,
: boycott the music, but leave these poor souls out of
: it. it’s not their fault!

: mike
: my team will kill me for this, except hyms

Posted by Robby at 03/07/2001 9:14 PM EST

Other on team #108, The SigmaC@Ts, from AIFL and Motorola.

If there is a FIRST Boy Band, it has to be a “KAZOO” boy band. MHO

-Robby O

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 03/08/2001 12:37 AM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: Re: starting a F.I.R.S.T. boy band?
Posted by Robby on 03/07/2001 9:14 PM EST:

The Cornell “Kazoo All Stars” was set to make an appearance at the New York City competition, but travel plans for the musicians fell apart. Ah well, maybe next year.

Patrick

: If there is a FIRST Boy Band, it has to be a “KAZOO” boy band. MHO

: -Robby O

Posted by Anton Abaya at 03/08/2001 1:13 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

Special hit song called “Robots, I love you!”

April 5, 2001.

-anton abaya (head singer)

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 03/08/2001 2:37 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: F.I.R.S.T. boy band to debut at NATIONALS!!!
Posted by Anton Abaya on 03/08/2001 1:13 AM EST:

…419 needs another control system? ::arched eyebrow::

-Jessica B, #237