STIMS crashes when parent attempts to accept student invite

So I attempted to register myself on STIMS as per this incredibly handy guide (thanks 1836!) and got myself registered successfully with a new account and invited my mom to fill out the consent & release form, and she made an account successfully. However, when she clicks on the icon in step 8 of the “new parents” section, the server throws an error:

Server Error in '/Teams' Application.
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="Off"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

This persists across Firefox on Mac and Ubuntu, and a fresh Chromium install on Ubuntu. I tried revoking and re-inviting and it still didn’t work. If this is something I did wrong, how do I fix it, or if this is an error on FIRST’s end, how do I contact them?

I’ve had lots of problems with STIMS in the past, I usually just call their live customer support and they handle it.

Glad the guide helped. I’ve had a few people report this error to me. As mentioned, the best option is usually just to contact FIRST.

Sometimes the issues are user-specific, sometimes they are time-specific (everyone who is on at a certain time will encounter the issue), and sometimes it is just random.

Being able to talk to someone live either by phone or chat is usually much more productive than emailing (though - FRC team support is amazing - it is just hard to diagnose issues like that).