Strike deadline is Friday, will Major League Baseball Strike now?

The strike deadline is 2 days away, will baseball strike?

Oh and dont post if you are going to say “baseball is stupid” or “I dont care about baseball”

put it this way. baseball players make to much. they shouldn’t go on strike, the fans should. they are payed to play a children’s game. sure, i like playing baseball, but should it be you’re living? NO! minor leagues are much better. players make next to nothing, they need to play hard to get up to the major leagues (which suck if you ask me), and in the off season, they don’t just train, they hold REAL jobs. for this reason, i encourage baseball players to strike. maybe the fans will realize that they should strike too.

Well, even if they do, they’ll have to do it twice more until they’re out right?

haaaaa, i’ll be here FOREVER!! not HERE, but here. there, you know. where? EVERYWHERE!!

p.s. professional sports are a joke

WOOOOO!!! STRIKE!!!

i stopped being a fan during the stike in the early 90’s. baseball will NEVER return to the days it once was.

baseball… the lost and forgotten sport.

I hope they do and they lose a big portion of the advertiser money as speculated. I can’t feel sorry for any bunch of people whose average salary is over 2 million. Time to get real jobs.

The people I do feel bad, very bad, for are all of the support people that make baseball. The trainers, the hotdog and beer guys, the janitors of the field. Baseball players and owners have really done this selfishly for their own good not caring about all the little guys that really have to hustle for a living.

*Originally posted by Ian W. *
should it be you’re living? NO!

OK,
The fact that they are arguing over 10 million, when the cap is set at over 100 million either way, is rediculous!!!

I agree professional atheletes are payed way too much, but what is wrong with being a professional sports player? They are entertainers! That’s all they are! If you think professional atheletics are stupid, then you should also think actors and musicians and authors are too!

You would then be a hipocrit to ever buy a CD or watch a movie or watch TV or read a ficticious book. That is unless all you were to ever do is watch PBS and buy music from local bands or symphonies and read text books. I agree that all of the above are getting paid way too much for what they do, but I think there is nothing wrong with doing any of these things as a career.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a big fan of baseball or basketball, but there’s nothing wrong with thinking they are entertaining.

PS Any usage of the word “you” was an incompassing you meaning everyone or nobody…not one specific person.

Ah yes the stirike :rolleyes: . This is all over what the players feel is the owner’s way of imposing a salary cap without saying it. To be honest I’m sad to hear that the players are willing to walk out because they aren’t making enough money to fill their “basic needs” (see crap most people can’t afford). Yes, I’m a fan of the largest pay roll in the MLB (the New York Yankees) but I am highly critical of the players who don’t do what the are expected to do every time they step on the field (catch every ball hit to them/ hit every pitch even if its foul). Ahh well looks like my Yankees vs. Tigers tix may not be good on the 8th

/me grumbles cause he can’t get a refund

p.s. Alex Rodriguez $33,000 every at bat
Derek Jeter $22,000 every at bat
Mike Piazza $14,000 every at bat (i think i need to double check that)
Roger Clemens $3,000 every pitch

http://files.joako.com/baseballstrike.jpg

:smiley:

i want to see them strike. If they do it will be the first major league sport to go down the crapper. Maybe then a pro stickball league will spring up, or maybe wiffleball.

*Originally posted by Ogre *
**i want to see them strike. If they do it will be the first major league sport to go down the crapper. Maybe then a pro stickball league will spring up, or maybe wiffleball. **

I hate to say it dude, but this isn’t exactly the first time the MLB has striked before…it’s happened at least twice in the last 10 years already…

MLB already went down the crapper…

Aren’t I the synical one today?

i know they striked, stroke, struck, yeah struck before it was '94 wasn’t it? but this time it seems like theres alot more attantion on it and it will take a bigger dive than before.

I think baseball is going to strike, I dont think its cool at all.

The only good outcome of this, is that the redsox wont lose anymore games.

I am a sox fan :smiley:

If they strike or not, were not doing baseball next year. We have Cleveland Indians season tics with out firends, and we will probably not order them again.

*Originally posted by MattK *
**I think baseball is going to strike, I dont think its cool at all.

The only good outcome of this, is that the redsox wont lose anymore games.

I am a sox fan :smiley: **

/me burns the idiot (1. for being a red sox fan, 2. for being himself)

*Originally posted by Ogre *
**they do it will be the first major league sport to go down the crapper. **

Not completely true… The NASL (North American Soccer League) was the first major pro sporting league to go down the crapper…

Does the XFL count as a pro league? :stuck_out_tongue: Cause that would have been the 2nd

Anyway, I see no hope in a full conclusion to the 2002 season…only the loyalist supporters will be back to baseball next year…

I have no idea if it’s true, but I just heard on KSJO that there was just a settlement. Given the format of the station, it might just be a joke.

Its true! Unless everyone is lying…now the Brewers have no chance…:smiley: