No one on my team is very versed with LabView. I have just been recycling the same code year after year. Unfortunately? I am unable to do that this year, as we are planning to use CAN motor controllers. We got them all updated and programmed yesterday so they have their own ID numbers. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to program them though. We used to just pick an Open 4 Motor and assign the PWMs and boom, we were done. I just can’t figure this out. ANY help is appreciated. I read the Software Reference Manual for the Talon SRX, installed the special vi’s, but it doesn’t make any sense to me.
Our team did the same thing and we switch over to CAN Talon SRX. I found that you had to mix the Motors controllers and specially VI’s. I also found code examples by searching in google images “CAN Talon SRX Example Code”. If you need any help I am also available via skype or email. Just direct message me. Also Github has examples.
You should not have to modify any existing sub-VIs to have CAN Talon SRX work with the Open 2/4 Motor VIs. In fact, I would definitely recommend not doing these modifications unless you are extremely proficient in LabVIEW.
To use CAN Talon SRX with these multi-motor Open VIs, wire the output of the Talon SRX Open VI to the input of the Open 2/4 Motor VI when “Existing Motors” is selected from the drop-down. There is an example of this in our LabVIEW Simple Arcade Drive Example on GitHub.
I just want to thank you all for this thread. I am an English teacher who tinkers with tech and became the lead programmer/ tech mentor for my school’s rookie year. As an English teacher, the syntax-light metaphoric approach labview takes to programming is right up my alley. However, I find myself struggling any time I want to perform an advanced task (if/ then statements took a long time to really understand in labview). So, as we prepare for kickoff, I am multitasking…
Teach students the basics of labview and how to use it to control a robot.
Learn how to use can to introduce finesse to our design.
Step 1 is going well with a new team of electricians/programmers, and thanks to this thread, Step 2 is well on its way. Thanks again for this resource.