Substitutes for reflective tape?

Someone I believe said they bought tape from a hardware store and got about 10 feet of tracking, and I said that they got 15 feet from a bike reflector. By that do you mean those red light reflectors that would be on the wheels and such? If anyone else has found some place to get the tape of a substitute for the tape, please tell me. Thanks

*Originally posted by Oakridege_665 *
**Someone I believe said they bought tape from a hardware store and got about 10 feet of tracking, and I said that they got 15 feet from a bike reflector. By that do you mean those red light reflectors that would be on the wheels and such? If anyone else has found some place to get the tape of a substitute for the tape, please tell me. Thanks **

We built a tracking mechanism and did alot of testing with various tape and reeflectors. (mailbox and bike)

I think our tape was a low quality (cleap) version, and it was not very reflective. We saw it only about 12 feet away.

Our other reflectors went out to about 15 feet, but no where near the 30 feet that was discussed at the kickoff.

We understand that the tape is “in the mail” as they say…so we should be getting the “real McCoy” to test soon enough.

Our other experiments came with “reflective stuff” purchased at Home Depot and other fine Hardware Selling establishments.

-Quentin

:smiley: