Suffield Shakedown 2015

Team 176 Aces High will be once again hosting our annual Suffield Shakedown week zero event on Saturday, February 14th. We are holding the event at the high school in Suffield, CT. Please contact Linda Horn if you are interested in signing up for the scrimmage. We have had a good amount of teams contact us already about the scrimmage, so we have 13 remaining spots available. Information for the scrimmage is shown below:

It’s Back!
The Annual Suffield Shakedown Scrimmage!!

What: Suffield Shakedown 2015
Sponsored by: Aces High, FIRST Team 176

Annual pre-ship date scrimmage
Participate with your robot on official FIRST playing field
Test out this year’s game
Suffield & Windsor Locks High Schools

When: Saturday, February 14, 2015
Where: Suffield High School
8:00am – 4:00pm.

Practice rounds in the morning
Opening Ceremony 12 noon
Competition following opening ceremony

1060 Sheldon Street
West Suffield, CT 06078

Free to all Spectators!
Fee is $150 per team
Registration: Available at Aces High website soon- keep checking!

Additional info: Food Concessions are available all day.
E-mail [email protected]
Phone 860-558-0249
Visit: http://aceshigh176.org/ss-scrimmage

After hearing some rumors that this event was not going to happen I am more then excited to see the tradition continue.
Thanks Aces for keeping one of the oldest FRC events running!

+1

There are still some spots available for Suffield Shakedown, but there is limited availability. We have space for thirty teams at the event and we have 25 spots currently filled with interested teams. The list of teams we have is below:

If you don’t see your team on the list and your team is interested in attending, send an e-mail to [email protected] to get more information.

Is there an official list of which teams are going this year?

I too would like to know the official team list for Suffield Shakedown this year! I can’t wait to come back to CT and watch the first plays of this year’s game!

Looking forward to another Shakedown!

Here is the official team list for Suffield Shakedown. If you can’t get to the scrimmage, team 230 the Gaelhawks will be hosting a webcast of the event on their website.

Teams that are on the waiting list:

Teams that are on the waiting list will be informed if a spot for their team becomes available.

Thank You for the list!

Looking forward to the original Week Zero event!

Beta test the game.

The webcast should be available courtesy of Team 230, The GaelHawks:
http://shsrobotics.org

As Frank said, “Change is Coming”. Well, “Change is Here”.

Here is the updated team list that we currently have. Some teams could not make it that were originally on the list and other teams from the wait list have been added. As of right now (when this post is being written), we have 29 spots filled. There is one spot available, but we need to know of any interest as soon as possible. If your team is interested in still coming, please view the information on our team website at http://aceshigh176.org/ss-scrimmage.

And Pete is correct, team 230 the Gaelhawks will be once again webcasting the scrimmage. We are also looking for volunteers for the event on Saturday. If you are coming on Saturday and would like to help, please let us know.

Will there be live streaming of the event?

::rtm::

Just got back from Suffield High School.

They’re still waiting for the carpet.

Aces High, 176 (Bless their hearts) are really working hard and gearing up for a Valentines Day Spectacular.
Longest running Week Zero event AFAIK.

The weather should be acceptable, but questionable. 4-8" by Sunday evening, hah, that’s nothing compared to what we’ve had…
I understand some teams may choose to be cautious. Have a feeling that the Grasshoppers and Gone Fishin’ may back out given the logistics.
Me = :frowning:

OMG, the totes! the totes! So many!
Last year the refs, this year, the field reset crew.

There may still be some openings left if any local teams want to beta test their 'Bots.

We finished building the field last night and we’re excited for all the teams coming to be able to test out their robots on the Recycle Rush field. If you can’t make it to the event this year, team 230 the GaelHawks are once again hosting the webcast of the event on their website. Just go to http://www.shsrobotics.org to watch the live webcast.

If you are coming to the scrimmage this year and are looking to help out, we are still looking for people to volunteer. We need people to assist us with field reset and real time scoring. If you are willing to volunteer, please come see me or Marc Davis at the scoring table.

We are looking forward to a great event and best of luck to all teams competing today. We also wish teams competing in other week zero events the best of luck as well.

For those looking for a direct webcast link: http://new.livestream.com/accounts/8708995/events/3809589.

24 hours and 6 more inches of snow later…One of the best Suffield Shakedowns ever.

Thanks to the crew, especially Linda, Steve, Mark, Eric, and our new favorite DJ Massey from 3718 for improvising and providing an invaluable experience at T minus 3 days and counting.
The 5:00 minute matches and filler line queue provided for more time behind the glass than a team could hope for.

Standout Robots included the Gaelhawks (with a Robot worthy of the Talon name), Sachem Aftershock (we miss them in New England), Uberbots (coolest, quickest four stacker), DiscoTechs (tall stacks with containers), and Apple Pi (the swerve never dies). I could list more, but I am running out of parentheses.

The unique drivetrain from Rosie is worth checking out if you meet them at your competition. RoboSquad once again showed how important good drivers are. The Who’cCTEKS proved the adage that when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. I hope they can polish their design. Panther Project brought the most polished Robot with the highest Center of Gravity :yikes: ).

I think our FIRST community owes Team 230, the Gaelhawks, a debt of gratitude for arranging their excellent three camera webcast. It is archived and will show many teams what to expect in their competitions.

Finally, Team 176, Aces High, a National Champion and perennial contender, for hosting this event. They do this year after year.
For all of us mentors and parents who have made the “mistake” of touching the inspirational vortex that is FIRST, the time and effort they put in to providing teams with this opportunity cannot be overstated.

Team 4557 is not happy about not being able to make it there. The snow days, and product delays have set us back a bit, but we were watching in the shop as we worked.
Much was learned from watching.

Thank you to all for the hard work you put in to make it all happen. See you in a couple weeks.

Hey guys! I just wanted to thank you for that complement on our robot(1124- UberBots) and wanted to say how much fun it was to compete with everyone! Despite the danger snow posed for the day I am happy it was able to go so long and enjoyed watching everyone testing the competitive waters with their bots. I can’t wait to see some of the performances at the coming events (Waterbury for us) and wish everyone a smooth bag day tomorrow!

Team 558 had a great test and tune session. Thanks again to all responsible!

Thank you also for the driver shout out. Even with an incomplete robot and a fill in codriver, Manaf did a great job driving and improved with every match. He impresses me every time he takes the controls.

<proud dad /on>
codriver is my son and I think he did fantastic! I’m so proud of him. He’s been dying to get on the sticks and took full advantage of his opportunity. I think he made an impression. I can’t wait to see how good he becomes when he hits high school next year.
<proud dad /off>