Summer Camp Counselor/Robotics Instructor - Bethel Camp for the Arts, Bethel, Maine

This was just sent to me to post …

**Summer Camp Counselor/Robotics Instructor **- Bethel Camp for the Arts, Bethel, Maine
Bethel****Camp for the Arts, [FONT=Verdana]www.maineartscamp.com](http://www.maineartscamp.com/), is an overnight camp for children ages 8-15. We are located on the campus of [/FONT]Gould Academyin Bethel, Maine. Our camp season for staff runs from June 25-July 27. We are looking for a college student who can teach Robotics (LEGO Mindstorms), as well as rocketry. All counselors also live in the dorm and care for the campers. Gain invaluable experience working with children!
Our activities include:
**the arts **- painting/drawing, pottery, batik, printmaking, sculpture, jewelry, stained glass
performing arts – extensive programs in theater, chorus and dance
**technology - ** digital photography, videography, robotics, rocketry, web design
**special interests - **culinary arts, animal care, science, chess
individual sports – tennis, golf, mountain biking, kayaking/canoeing, yoga/fitness, martial arts

If you are looking to live and work with children in a small community, geared for bright and creative kids, feel free to fill out a staff application at www.maineartscamp.com. Salary for the month will vary from $1800-$2000, including room and board, for college age staff. For further information, contact Rick Mades, camp director, at 561-865-4330 or [email protected].

I’ve worked the past three summers for Bethel Camp for the Arts as the robotics counselor, and would certainly make it a fourth if it weren’t for this pesky graduation thing. I imagine folks from an FLL background would do well, but I did fine without it.

These folks are the real deal; I’d encourage anyone with a year of college under their belt (and a liking to kids, which most mentors do) to apply.