Support a FIRST Documentary on Kickstarter

Greetings FIRST community,

During this build season, a semipro filmaker here in Portland, OR named Heather Q has shadowed our team (1540, the Flaming Chickens) as she works to complete her documentary that focuses on FIRST, and specifically on the girls that participate in it. Those of you at the Autodesk Oregon Regional might have seen Heather filming us in our pits and out on the competition floor.

However, as we advance to St. Louis after our RCA in Oregon, Heather could use some additional funding in order to follow our team there and capture every awesome moment. She set up a Kickstarter for her project so that she could raise funds for a St. Louis trip, and for additional film equipment. The link can be found here:

Please spread the word and help support Heather in her pursuit of a $4,100 goal, it would mean a lot to her and to our team!

Backed, and hope she meets her goal.

Just bumping this because we only have until Friday Apr 5, 9:40pm EDT to reach the goal and get the project funded. We’re almost there! And it would be even more awesome if we exceeded the original funding goal.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the Kickstarter project and helped spread the word about this film and FIRST.

Less than $100 to go!

…and we made it!

Once again, thank you everyone. It’s a pleasure to be part of the incredibly supportive FIRST community, and we look forward to helping show the world just how awesome FIRST is with this documentary.

Of course, Kickstarter projects can get funded more than 100%, and we still have a few more days left… :wink:

I’m looking forward to watching this. Donated!

In on this.

Only about a day left until the funding deadline (Friday Apr 5, 9:40pm EDT). We’ve already reached the goal, and thank you to everyone who has helped out so far!

I’m just bumping this one last time so if you want to get movie buttons, postcards, t-shirts, posters, downloads, and/or any of the other pledge rewards, you have the chance.

Thanks again!

Aaaaaand one last bump! This documentary means so much to 1540, and any contributions will make it even shinier so more people come and join FIRST! Thanks for your support!

If only I had the $$ to get to the donation level where I’d get CGI’ed into the movie… now THAT would be cool.

Donated.

Ha, Libby, you know could probably actually be in the movie for real, if you wanted to. The filmmaker is interested in talking with cool women involved in FIRST when she comes to Championships with us, and you sound like just the type. :slight_smile: Facebook me if you want to figure out details?

Also in general if anyone (female or not) stops by our pit and has something inspiring to say, you might get folded in (in the end it’s not really our decision for the final cut, but we’re pushing to get a broader perspective than just us, so I thought I would mention it).