SVR Thanks and Congrats

Team 190 has a few thank yous to hand out

First to 1516, you guys were great defense out there. Thanks for picking us, and taking it all the way!

To 1280, well it’s about time you guys won! We had great time putting up the tubes with you. Thanks for the bail in the finals, and for sticking to it. See you in Atlanta!

To our finals opponents, 766, 488 and 852. You guys put up a great fight. 766 and 852, you guys were great at putting up the tubes, and 488, those were some NICE ramps. Congrats on the EI, and hope to see you in Atlanta!

To 1700, 971 and 368. You guys put up one heck of a fight in quarterfinals! You had our drive team worried. Congrats on a job well done!

To 604, congrats on the Chairman’s. I didn’t have much interaction with you, but you sound like an amazing team. See you in Atlanta, and good luck!

Congrats to all teams, and thanks for making it a great experience. We hope to come back to California again

Aaaand now from the 971 side (yes, I’m a dual team mentor)

You guys were awesome today, and you make me proud to have been a part of it. If you hadn’t been against the regional champs in the quarterfinals, I’m sure you would’ve gone further. You did an amazing job this year, and I’m sure will continue for years to come. You have a lot to be proud of, so celebrate it in full. Oh and 190 would love to see you out at BattleCry </shameless plug>

Thank you! Our team is so excited for receiving the award, and we cannot wait to go to Championships this year. And at the same time, congratulations on building the most effective ringer and ramp robot I have ever seen!

Team 115 MVRT would like to give a BIG thank you toteam 488 XBOT for providing an extra bane bots transmission for our drive train when one of ours broke. Without this tremendous act of gracious professionalism, we would not have been able to drive. Thanks again to team 488, a real class act.

It was a pleasure to be in the winning alliance with 190 and 1516.

This Silicon Valley Regional was very special this year. I mentored the Athenian team, 852 during its first two years, and then split off to mentor team 1280 during its rookie year and stayed with 1280. Team 852 has helped team 1280 out by loaning us sensors many times over the years and we owe a debt of gratitude for that. Team 1516, Cal High, has visited our shop to collect parts that we were not using from our KOP during the past build period. It was a pleasure to have them pick us in their alliance. It was also a great to see three teams from the tri-valley area in the finals, the finals was some sort of tri-valley mafia, the Athenian, Cal High and San Ramon Valley High are only a few miles from each other.

The last match was quite a cliff-hanger, but the best action in my mind was when 766 picked the ringer that had become stuck on 852’s flag, so that it could resume scoring on the rack.

It’s off to the Sacramento Regional in two weeks and I am sure that it will be a lot of fun to play with so many great teams from SVR again.

Regards,
Eugene

Team 973 wants to thank team 100 and 114 for picking us and for us getting all the way to quarter finals. You guys rock.

See you all in Davis!

EDIT: Semi-finals. I knew that, my mind wandered all the way off somewhere. I just woke up.

Actually, we made to the semi finals. Thanks for working with us and 100 and being an awesome team overall! We had a lot of fun playing with you guys and look forward to competing with you again at Davis.

On that note, thanks a bunch to team 100! I loved your robot this year, and that match we had against you Saturday morning was a ton of fun, and filling the rack with you was even better. Davis is gonna be so much fun, can’t wait to see you guys there!

Mike C.

Yea, We had a lot of fun out there, and I was sweatting pretty good during those Final Rounds. Some intresting facts are that 1280 is in the same school district we are, and our mentor/teacher went to WPI. Those were some heated rounds late in the running, A BIG thanks to everyone who took part!

thanks again to 488 and 852. Good fun and we almost won it. (see my iother post in SVR thread for continued tnaks on this subject).

More thanks to 852 for lending us their innertube for testing and tools for making our robot competion legal. 852 also helped us with programming when we struggled with some of the code (I believe it was Blair’s dad). They were great pit mates and we wish them the best the luck at Davis.

thats all i have for now, edit soon with more info

On behalf of all of Team 675, Thanks to all our alliance partners (Especially 846 and 987) who we competed with, and thanks to those who we went against.

Congratulations to all the teams that won an award (And especially Team 488 for their Engineering award!), and congrats to Team 190 and their alliance for winning San Jose/SVR.

I’m sure there’s more I’m missing – but it’s been a week and the shiny newness and energy has died down a bit (and my voice has come back a bit), so my memory might not be top-notch.

Regardless, Thanks and Congratulations to everybody who went to the SVR, especially those mentioned before. I had a great time.

On behalf of all of Team 675, Thanks to all our alliance partners (Especially 846 and 987) who we competed with, and thanks to those who we went against.

Congratulations to all the teams that won an award (And especially Team 488 for their Engineering award!), and congrats to Team 190 and their alliance for winning San Jose/SVR.

I’m sure there’s more I’m missing – but it’s been a week and the shiny newness and energy has died down a bit (and my voice has come back a bit), so my memory might not be top-notch.

Regardless, Thanks and Congratulations to everybody who went to the SVR, especially those mentioned before. I had a great time.

Hey thanks everyone for the congratulatory remarks, 675, 190, and 1280, you guys did wonderfully throughout the entire tournament, and we can only hope to play against, or with, you guys again. To our alliance members, thanks for picking us and doing as well as you did, we beat the Cheesy Poofs there for the FIRST time ever. Great job guys.

See you in Atlanta, all who are going.