Sweet Repeat musings........................

Very tired. Had a great day. Thanks to all the teams who played, and to everyone else who came to watch. It makes all the ‘crazy-making’ preparations for months completely worth it to see all the teams interacting once again.

There were some spectacular matches. Sometimes I think that some teams go “all out” like never before because this is perhaps the last time the 2003 robot will compete. Wow. Did you see the Martians (494) in the afternoon matches??? Impressive! They were absolutely fierce.

As usual, the Killer Bees were solid, consistent, making no mistakes. Great machine, Jim and Bees.

And hey, did you check out the new driver for ChiefDelphi? She is one cool and collected lady. Absolutely delightful to watch while she drives. Very focused, a smart driver. She will be one to watch in 2004.

We apologize for the concellation of the ‘All Engineers’ match. We waited too long for 2 teams who never did show up. We won’t do that next year. And the All Engineers’ match WILL happen. It will be engineers only driving and acting as Human Player, but with student coaches - y’know…yelling at the engineers during the matches :stuck_out_tongue:

We hope you had a good day. Thanks to all you wonderful FIRST Teams for making it so rewarding for all of us who put it together.

*Originally posted by skrussel *
Did you see the Martians (494) in the afternoon matches??? Impressive! They were absolutely fierce.

I didn’t think it was possible for any robot to go more crazy then the Martians after the way they played in regionals and nationals. I can’t imagine how there were even more :wink:

Thank you 1037 for putting on such a fun event. My team had a great time. I think the only complaint we had was deja vu we experienced being paired with and against team 5 so many times. Don’t get me wrong, we love our friends in Melvindale, but after Great Lakes, there is only so many times you can share the field with another team before you get sick of it.

*Originally posted by MissAbi *
**Thank you 1037 for putting on such a fun event. My team had a great time. I think the only complaint we had was deja vu we experienced being paired with and against team 5 so many times. Don’t get me wrong, we love our friends in Melvindale, but after Great Lakes, there is only so many times you can share the field with another team before you get sick of it. **

In the original pairings, you were with them twice, and against them once…but the fact that we had to substitute in teams for 123 caused that to go up…

With the original pairings, the average # of non unique allies was 0.2, and the avg non unique opponents was 0.7.