Swerve Drive Specialities MK3 code

Have any team heard about the MK3 code update?

I was looking in the Serve Drive Specialities github, posts and webpage.

Thanks…

1 Like

Our team is also haveing difficulty finding swerve drive MK3 code an update would be great… thanks

1 Like

If you don’t find any example code from them, these might help at least.

There’s also a “SwerveBot” example provided with WPILib’s vscode extension that incorporates these. Here’s how to create example projects.
2 Likes

I don’t think any official SDS MK3 code update will be coming soon. The SDS template code imports 2910’s swerve code. Unfortunately 2910 has not been able to meet in person since last March. We are hoping to get approval to meet outdoors, but that is seeming quite unlikely. We have been unable to test our code updates.

Not much should need to change on the MK2 template code to make it compatible with the MK3. The only main difference is the steering encoder.

I believe we (2910) were transitioning to using more of the WPILib built in swerve stuff. Taking a look at all the built in WPILib swerve code would also be a great place to start.

There are quite a few teams that have MK3 Swerve module robots up and running. If anyone would like to share their code that would be great!

My team was working on that last night or two nights ago. I’ll see if we can post what we have on github once we know it works because it seemed pretty close.

2 Likes

I just recently revisited this paper and the code supplied…

This isn’t specific to an MK3 but the basics of calculating wheel angles and speeds still applies.

Worked great for this bot:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJldu4GHo-V/?igshid=fyvv9qh9bz7i