Talk to me about __________ University

I’m currently in my first year at University of Michigan - Ann Arbor going for Mechanical Engineering. Although I haven’t been here long, I can give some good information for incoming applicants, as I was just in their shoes.

Stay true and go blue!

1 Like

Feel free to ask me about Olin College of Engineering!

If you haven’t heard of it, we’re a really tiny (~350 people) engineering college near Boston. We focus on project based learning and interdisciplinary engineering. We’re all about experimenting with and revolutionizing engineering education, with a focus on the students. If you like getting your hands dirty and actually building/coding/designing instead of sitting in a lecture hall all day, do yourself a favor and apply :wink:

1 Like

I very rarely hear about the undisputed greatest school in Boston* on these threads, but I can take questions about BU if people have them.

*As determined by a poll of 1 single BU Engineering student

1 Like

Carnegie Mellon, field and space robotics staff engineer. Didn’t attend for undergrad, though did for graduate degrees in mechanical engineering design and technology management (no direct undergraduate equivalents).

Penn State Main (Schreyer Honors College), for mechanical engineering and political science — with seven related minors and certs, so if it’s at all about either feel free to call me. I also worked for the university in engineering design and humanitarian engineering.

2 Likes

Cornell University, happy to answer any questions about the University, Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering. Happy to answer any and all questions about my experience.

Definitely feel free to reach out about the University of Wisconsin - Madison! I’m a third year Biology major. I would love to answer any questions about UW-Madison (I can probably talk about it for hours).

1 Like

UC Berkeley! Happy to answer any questions about virtually anything.

Feel free to reach out to me about Brown! I’m a cs student, but I’m also fairly involved on the FSAE (formula racing) team as well as some pure math stuff, so I’d be happy to talk about any of that!

Carnegie Mellon: Did my undergrad in Physics (minors: Econ and Robotics) and am now in a Robotics Masters program so if you have any questions, please let me know! I also have remote mentored my high school team so if that’s of interest shoot me a message.

I certainly don’t want to speak for others but I am sure people would be willing to just talk about majors even if you aren’t applying to the school we are attending. It goes without saying, but I’d be happy to talk about the subjects I’ve studied (or any others for that matter).

1 Like

University of Waterloo here! I’m in the math faculty, but I could get any info your looking for from my friends in the other faculties, so message me if you have any questions!

I’m a first-year astronomy/physics double major from out of state at Stony Brook University. If you have questions about any of those things, feel free to shoot me a DM!

EDIT: I’m also a part of the WISE (women in science and engineering) honors college here!

1 Like

Second year student at Calvin University I’m Grand Rapids, Michigan for undergrad. Majoring in Electrical Engineering, minor in CS. Absolutely love it! Small school atmosphere, and a design team that is basically FRC on steroids. We have quite a few FRC alumni, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!!

University of Wisconsin-Madison
I know abbymarie already said she’s willing to answer questions, but if you want more advice or other questions, I can help. I’m a fifth year student in Nuclear Engineering. I was also the president of our robotics team on campus last year, so I can answer questions on that or on student orgs here in general. As well, I work in the design and innovation lab (fancy name for student shop and makerspace), so I can talk a ton about the available resources to Engineering students.

I have five year old info about the University of Illinois Urbana Champaign, PM or post with questions.

Purdue Industrial Engineering — 8 year old info, though

Carnegie Mellon MBA — much more recent, and going the MBA route is way different than engineering grad school of anyone’s curious about that.

1 Like

I’m a junior student at Lawrence Technological University in Southfield, Michigan, purusing my degree in Computer Science. If this is a school you’re interested in, I am more than happy to answer any questions you might have! Feel free to pm me or @ me in this post!

Im a freshman at Case Western. Double majoring in computer engineering and systems+control engineering. More than happy to answer any questions!

2 Likes

Ask me anything about Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.

I’m a first-year Mechanical Engineering student in the University Honors program, so I can answer question regarding either.

Ask me anything about Carnegie Mellon ECE BS/MS.

I left campus in 2016 after 5 years of technical and non-technical student org involvement, internships, and a co-op term (somewhat odd for CMU). Working in compute and electrical HW for robots now. It looks like there are several CMU resources on this thread, so you get your pick of program too.

Ask me things about Queens University in Kingston, ON, Canada!

I’ve got 3 years of mechanical engineering here under my belt, am currently on coop working for our geological engineering department, and am the president of the local FIRST alumni group :slight_smile: