Tallest Stack

So who out there thinks they have the highest stack. Im not talking about at home, I mean in real competition. Simbotics, a rookie team out of Canada Built a stack of 6 twice in pracitce, twice in Qualifing, and again in elimination at the Canadian Regional. I dont mean a human stack that stayed standing either, the robot must have built it.

I think 67 built a stack of 6 in the semi-finals at ypsi… but it got knocked over. Also built other stacks too in other matches… not sure what happened to them though.

I’m from team 67 and we have done a few 6 stacks at our regionals so far. None of them have survived yet, but just wait until championship!!!:smiley:

tallest surviving stack moe built was 4 i think, but it may have been 5, we’ve lost stacks of six i believe…

With the collusions i’ve seen stacks of up to 6 survive, but without the max I’ve seen was 5.

(there was one match at SVR with a stack of 5, but only 2 bins in the area (besides the stack) so they got an abysmally low score anyway.)

Just read the signature!

*Originally posted by Koci *
**Just read the signature! **

:stuck_out_tongue: that was against us, it was standing at the end, because they held on to it.

If only we could have showed you all up with our stacker…

At canada, we were paired with another stacking team, 1114. We did autonomous well (2 center stacks in 4.5 seconds) and then we defended against two robots while they got the stack of 4 and started stacking. We then went and got some more bins over, protected, and made sure we were on top. In the meantime, 1114 had a great protecting stacker like us and stacked 6 (so 2 more) efficiently and found a nice to put it… we got 244 points this match.

WATCH IT at www.orbitreview.com/~temp/639movies --> Match 0061 Vid 3

We had a stack of 7 today during our last practice round at nationals.

*Originally posted by Aonic *
**With the collusions i’ve seen stacks of up to 6 survive, but without the max I’ve seen was 5.

(there was one match at SVR with a stack of 5, but only 2 bins in the area (besides the stack) so they got an abysmally low score anyway.) **

There were more then just one 5 stack to survive at SVR. Nor did I see anything that resembled collusion at SVR. Teams there seemed to realize that just knocking over the stacks first things is not the smartest thing to do.

Tallest robot stack I’ve seen is 4, MOE at Anni. Or if you count 115 stealing a HP stack of 4 at SVR and successfully moving it to the opposite site.

Wetzel

What may look like collusion may just be smart strategy.

team 1002,
http://www.circuitrunners.com/images/~%20Robot3.jpg

built and protected a stack of 4 during the peachtree regionals and got rookie-all star :slight_smile:

Simbotics had to be one of the best stackers I saw at Nationals. You guys were great.

Did you see them after the matches were over behind Einstein? In very controlled conditions, they stacked eleven. Eleven! Oi! We can only stack three in controlled conditions… but that’s because we’re not stackers.

We never used our stacker in a match.

In controlled conditions, we could stack at least 12

The matter has been settled.

The National In-Competition Stacking Record is SEVEN.

Team 1114 Simbotics. Rookie Team from Canada.

Accomplished during their last competition round in the Newton division of the National Championships. Also had SEVERAL stacks of SIX during the Canadian Regional and Pittsburgh Regional Events. Demonstrated a practice round stack of ELEVEN after the Newton Division Finals were completed. Also received Rookie All-Star Award in Pittsburgh and Xerox Creativity Award at the Canadian Regional.

The most I saw at nats was 8, but it got knocked over, 7 was the highest surviving stack I saw.

Just screwing around we, (humans) got 13 high with no ladders, chairs or anything else.

*Originally posted by rourke *
**The matter has been settled.

The National In-Competition Stacking Record is SEVEN.

Team 1114 Simbotics. Rookie Team from Canada.

Accomplished during their last competition round in the Newton division of the National Championships. Also had SEVERAL stacks of SIX during the Canadian Regional and Pittsburgh Regional Events. Demonstrated a practice round stack of ELEVEN after the Newton Division Finals were completed. Also received Rookie All-Star Award in Pittsburgh and Xerox Creativity Award at the Canadian Regional. **

Simbot Sally was the only robot I saw pick up a stack of four, and under attack, carry them over the ramp and deposit them on the other side. This was in Pittsburgh, where a few of us were quite impressed by Sally. Way to go, GM and Simcoe !

You’d have had our vote for construction design honours by a rookie team !

*Originally posted by rourke *
**The National In-Competition Stacking Record is SEVEN.

Team 1114 Simbotics. Rookie Team from Canada.**

*Originally posted by Morgoth *
The most I saw at nats was 8, but it got knocked over, 7 was the highest surviving stack I saw.

This 8 was Simbotics, Team 1114, which was in a match against us, I remember, cause it was the only match I coached, was quite incredible, unfortunately, it of course had to be taken down :slight_smile: Congratulations from 122 guys, you had an awesome bot. Here’s the match results:

Match 0104
Blue 753 57 155 Outback/MVHS
Blue 1114 57 155 SIMBOTICS
Red 871 49 49 WIHS
Red 122 49 49 NASA & New Horizons

Here’s the match on SOAP: http://www.soap108.com/2003/movies/new/new_104.asf