Talon not responding

I think we have everything set up for the Talons. Can someone confirm that the following is correct?

I have tested the motor as good. The Talon sits blinking orange, never confirming it is receiving signal from PWM.

package edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.templates;

import edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.SimpleRobot;
import edu.wpi.first.wpilibj.Talon;

public class AwesomOSimple extends SimpleRobot {

Talon frisbeeIndexer;

public void robotInit() {
        frisbeeIndexer = new Talon(9);
    }

public void operatorControl() {
        frisbeeIndexer.set(1.0);
    }
}

Is there more needed than that? I feel like you have to enable it. I see there is an option to disable it (frisbeeIndexer.disable()). I’ve tried 0.9 and a simple 1, but nothing. Any thoughts?

I’m going to check that no one plugged something in backwards tonight, so that’s still up in the air, I just wanted to cover the software.

operatorControl() is only called once. If you want to actually do something, you have to make a loop.

public void tele()
{
   frisbeeIndexer.set(1.0);
}

//Don't modify the following method
public void operatorControl()
{
 while (isOperatorControl())
 {
    tele();
    Timer.delay(3/1000); //this prevents the cRIO from becoming overloaded, especially if tele() is empty
 }
}

Having tele() as a separate method keeps things clearer and keeps inexperienced programmers from messing with something they shouldn’t, but you’re more than welcome to have everything in operatorControl().

Sigh… Someone plugged in the Talon backwards. Lol. I had to restart the whole robot after the Talon was plugged in correctly to get it to respond happily. The minute I turned it around, it worked fine.

If you query my username, I think every question I have asked has been answered this way for the past 3 years… Haha…

Thank you!