Tape

What Kind of tape does your team use the most of? :smiley:

Duct Tape is the only way to go!!! YOU KNOW IT MAC!!!:stuck_out_tongue:

electrical tape all the way…
since all other tape is illegal accourding to the rules…
but ooohhhh my would i love to be able to use duct tape!

With enough scotch tape, you can do anything. I love duct tape, don’t get me wrong…but scotch tape is pretty cool. Scotch tape in mass quantities is freaking strong!

they should combine scotch and duct tape…

Clear duct tape would be awesome…

(they kinda have that already in the Packaging tape…but its not the same)

To bad we cant use duct tape on the robot as non-functional decoration. I would love to see our robot in red duct tape instead of red paint.

Need I say more…:smiley:

ACtually, i think that duct tape can be used as an insulator. Maybe someone can check on this, i’m not sure. thanks for all the posts…

its all about gaff tape therefore you dont get any of my votes!

ahh the colors…

Duct tape and colored electrical tape…greatest kinds of tape ever invented.

wow duct tape…

did you know that duct tape can be used to remove warts?

*Originally posted by Lauren Hafford *
**did you know that duct tape can be used to remove warts? **

That’s what my dad said… but I didnt really beleave him. Does anyone know how that works?

*Originally posted by jk2005 *
**To bad we cant use duct tape on the robot as non-functional decoration. I would love to see our robot in red duct tape instead of red paint. **

oops our team accidental used duct tape for our numbers on our cardboard side plate at one of those local competitions when our driver went crazy and shattered the lex-an plate in 1000 little bits (good job John)!:ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

Ps- the judges told us we needed our number on the robot so o well

*Originally posted by Andrew Rudolph *
**its all about gaff tape therefore you dont get any of my votes!

ahh the colors… **

Gaff is quite gorgeous, don’t get me wrong. But I must say, if i remember right from doing some stage crew, it can get expensive… if I remember right (been a few yrs here) sigh it’s duct tape all the way! thoughthmm… I wonder if I can get away with somehow incorporating it into the team uniform…/thought
hehe
~Am - team 783

i think the numbers are considered decorations so i think you can use anything you want…as long as it meets the requirements for the numbers…

How did u shatter lexan? Are you sure it wasn’t acrylic? Lexan is REALLY hard to break in my expereience…