“I need more robotics content” you say? Here is an excuse to devour more!
I will post a clue and you, my dear readers, will post what you think is the correct answer.
Answers can come in the form of a specific robot, alliance, game piece, match, etc. All of the answers should be findable on TBA/youtube/FIRST Game Descriptions in one way or another (including the TBA blog). Answers must be submitted via google form and can be discussed after the solution has been posted.
- Clues are posted Mondays and Thursdays (holidays excluded), answers can be submitted up until the next clue is posted
- Everyone who gets it right will receive a point
- Full and partial points are awarded for those who effectively show their thought process
- Bonus points are given for extremely clever answers
- Points are at the whim of Katie (and Andrew)
- Sometimes my systems goof and points aren’t updated correctly - feel free to let me know!
- Especially bad answers can win points too, but proceed at your own risk
- One guess per player
- Players may edit their guesses. Final answers will be “graded” right before the next answer is posted. Editing once the answer has been posted won’t win you points.
- You can edit your submission by saving the link google provides once you click submit.
- In general, mistakes that result in ~2 submissions are forgivable. I’m surprisingly human.
- We’ll maybe give direction on type of answer
- Assume any information available on TBA is valid
- Suggesting topics for clues will win you good favor, which could result in points… it also results in more interesting topics for clues
- Submit even if you don’t know the answer. Doing so serves two purposes:
- Lets me know the question was too hard. Maybe I’ll release a hint. Maybe I’ll do nothing. Who knows! Think of the weird point consequences this could have! And you have explicit permission to go back and change your answer!
- Lets me know people are still interested. If no one is interested anymore, that’s completely fine… but much like Pandora, I don’t want to play to an empty room.
New here? Click here to go to the latest post in the thread.
Your first clue:
Even when castle walls did scale
Equal armies clashing until knightly virtue did fail
And that is the end of our rubber match tale
Kudos to @Andrew_Schreiber for helping me write clues. Also he didn’t sign up for this but he is a co-host and may be making the official clue/points post from time to time.