TDSB FIRST Fall Fiesta Canadian Off-season Event

Finally a off season in Canada! It’s long overdue.

FIRST Robotics Canada, in partnership with the Toronto District School Board, is proud to bring the FIRST community our first Off-season FRC event in ten years which will take place from October 31 – November 1, 2014! The goal of this event is to provide a fun and exciting opportunity for FRC teams to enjoy an additional play at the 2014 game and to expose new teams to FRC. The event is in partnership with Victoria Park Collegiate Institute in Toronto, Toronto District School Board and FIRST Robotics Canada.

Team Information
A one day event, with load-in the day before
Teams can train new drivers while experiencing the competition environment
Awards criteria and details will follow soon
Celebrity Matches
Free public access
Food/Refreshments available on site – team orders in advance (more info to follow)

Team Registration – fee $350.00
This event has a capacity of 24 teams.

Teams can register at firstfiestaoffseasonevent@gmail.com

Registrations will be received after 4 pm on Thursday September 4, 2014 on a “first come – first serve” based on time stamp on the email. The timestamp must be later than 4 pm on the above date. Once a team registers by sending an email to the above address, a cheque must be received by FIRST Canada no later than 10 days after submitting the email registration. If a cheque has not been received in the time stated above, then the team will be placed at the end of the registration list.

Teams are asked to provide the following information in their email registration:
Lead team contact information
Team number
Phone number
Approximate number planning to attend
Scan of $350.00 Cheque sent at time of registration via email

Cheques are to be made payable to FIRST Robotics Canada and mailed (no courier please) to:

FIRST Robotics Canada
PO Box 518, Pickering Main
Pickering, Ontario
L1V 2R7

Event Schedule
The schedule is tentative and will be finalized as the event draws near.

Friday October 31, 2014
6:00 – 8:00pm: Robot Drop-off & Registration
Saturday November 1, 2014
7:00 – 8:00am Late Registration and Team Entry
8:00 – 8:15am Driver’s Meeting
8:15 – 8:30am Opening Ceremonies
8:30 – 11:30am Qualification Matches
12:00 – 1:00pm Lunch & *Celebrity Team Match
1:00 – 2:00pm Qualification Matches continued
2:00 – 2:30pm Alliance Pairings
2:30 – 2:40pm Alliance Captain Meeting
3:00 – 4:00pm Quarter finals
4:00 – 4:45pm Semi finals
4:45 – 5:30pm Finals & Awards
6:00pm Take down and Clean up

Event Main Contact: John Hobbins, FIRST Robotics Canada, 416-606-6934

John.hobbins@firstroboticscanada.org

Victoria Park Collegiate Institute, 15 Wallingford Rd, Toronto ON M3A 2V1 (416) 395-3310
School and Map : http://www.tdsb.on.ca/findyour/schools.aspx?schno=3447

Saw this the other day and facebook and really hope my team will be able to go! One day before my birthday, talk about an epic birthday weekend! will also be a great opportunity to train team members for the up and coming season.

I got so excited when I saw it, I literally yelled so loud anyone within a 1 km radius of me heard me yell “FINALLY”, when sign up for it comes, I’m gonna be waiting ready to click send xD

Which teams will be there, I know we (5036 - RoboDevils) will be.

865 is registered.

Who’s the group that’s running this event?

Well, the Toronto District School Board (TDSB), FIRST Robotics Canada and its based at Victoria Park CI, home to team 4914, so I assume them as well.

Does anyone know what the celebrity team matches are at lunch? Sounds interesting but I can’t find anything about it online.

I’m kind of a big deal you know :wink:

No one knows for sure or at least not telling but come on who wouldn’t like to see Rob Ford, John Tory and Oliva Chow go at it :slight_smile:

And for the record; 2935 will be there with Under-taker.

I really can’t wait to see the team list for this event!
5031 Is super excited to be participating. We will be making improvements to our robot, it will no longer just be a low goal’in defense machine.

Team 4939 is also planning to attend.

Should be tons of fun!!!

Has there been a team list posted anywhere?

Third on the request for a team list. It would be great to see who is going, and how many spots are still available.

Also some more info on celebrity matches and the awards criteria would be nice.

From what I’ve heard the event is full. I too would love a team list. Gotta get the strategy on.

Team list is up! http://www.firstroboticscanada.org/main/wp-content/uploads/First-Fall-Fiesta-Offseason-Event.pdf

2056 hype.

I am shocked to see that 1114, 610 and *1241 are not on that list.
*yes I know 1285

610 has already committed to competing at Rah Cha Cha on Oct 18th.

We will be sending a number of team members as volunteers, however.

Additionally, members of our Beta Test team will be there to show the new 2015 control system.

2015 control system :ahh: I will be there for sure to learn the in’s and out’s, pun intended.