Teacher and Possible Mentor Wanted

Hey all,

Due to a retirement, Naples (NY) Jr/Sr High School is looking for a full time technology teacher for the fall. We’re a small, rural school with a really cool tech program almost unheard of in a school our size, with in house wood and metal shop with mills (manual and CnC), lathes (manual), welders (MIG and TIG), a 4’x8’ Shopbot CnC router, and classes ranging from DDP to CAD/CAM to metalworking to programming and computer repair.

I teach an Introduction to Robotics class (as well as physics) and am the lead mentor of our small but mighty FIRST Robotics Team, 1551, a well-supported and funded team with (currently) three paid mentors. We serve as a customer to the CAD/CAM class for some of our parts every year, and our build space is the technology classrooms.

Our salaries are competitive not just for rural schools but for Western New York at large, and we enjoy great benefits and an absolutely gorgeous area with multiple skiing venues, state parks, and of course the Finger Lakes.

If this sounds appealing to you and you’ve got the qualifications, please drop me a line at [email protected], and I’ll let you know when the position posts.

Thanks!

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.