Team 121's Animation

http://www.rhodewarrior.org/2002/Animation/animationmain.html

To view this you need Quicktime 5. Enjoy

Incorporating real video, what a concept ( :slight_smile: ), but seriously good job. Wish you luck and be sure to check out the screenshots of our animation.

good use of technology, i can see you made models to represent the people very vividly, good job, and good luck

…never thought of using real footage…

Really nice work.

We wanted to put real video in our animation too, but we had no clue how… lol. The whole animation team this year is first year students, including myself. None of us had a clue how to work the program, but its nice to see other people who actually do :slight_smile: Good Job. I liked it.

only way i know of implementing real video into a 3d model is to apply it like a texture to a model, for there case a plane most likly, you can apply AVI’s as textures to models… it’s fun if you use it as a texture for a person… try it… it’s tons of fun…

That is some good work there, the whole use of real was 'real’ly cool. (sorry bad pun)

The method we used was through the enviroment dialog under the “rendering” menu. We set that up as either one still picture or an image file list depending on what camera we were using. To get the camera to line up the objects in the scene to the real video we used something called “Camera Match” in the utilities tab (The hammer) and we basically just had to put in real world distances and MAX would place your camera for you. We had about 8 cameras that would align perfectly the objects to the real video.

Way cool sunny Thaper, i thought so… one question, HOW DID YOU DO THTA THING WITH THE LOGO!!! the one where it came off the ball, i have been able to determine how you did every thing else but that… that really WOWED me…

When I was first introduced with that idea I had the toughest time as well but a friend introduced me to Adobe After effects. In that program you can set a photoshop layer to be overlayed onto the animation. From there you just set up keyframes from your initial position, size, rotation, and skew amount and you set up one for the final product. The whole process took me only about an hour to perfect.

Wow nice… that’s all i have to say, hey when are you gunna post up the other animation??? if it half as good as the other it should be pretty awsome… next year i’ll suggest my team to use adobe after effects, we used final cut pro, i bet something like that was in that too (considering the darn thing cost 4,000$) but no one knows how to use it to it’s full potential…

I feel sorry for Kyle now but the other animation will be up within two days. Final Cut, to my knowledge, is just a linear editor where as After Effects is photoshop for video.

Yhea i agree, it’s manly to my knowlege just used for sound, video editing, but not video effects, i know you can do some fancy text stuff, and some really nice blue/green screan effects with it, along with merging clips together to add to some effects… who knows, i know i won’t, the instruction book would take 10 time longer to read then the bible

nice inclusion of real video

Thanks for all the positive comments. All of the animations look top notch.

We incorporated video clips by applying a material to a box within the thought bubble. The video was encoded in Cinepeak 240x180

Thanks for all the positive comments. All of the animations look top notch.

We incorporated video clips by applying a material to a box within the thought bubble. The video was encoded in Cinepeak 240x180.