Team 1474 Requires Program Cable

Hello all FIRSTers.
My team, 1474, needs to borrow a program cable to fix up our robot’s programing before a competition. We would really appreciate the help. If needed, we can return it to you around a month from now. Your gracious professionalism is greatly appreciated and needed.

Thank you, 
                                                    Jason.

Why not just buy one?

You can get DB-9 to usb cables at radioshack.

It seems like you would be better off buying one than borrowing one since it will come in handy in years to come too. They’re not incredibly expensive.

-Vivek

First of all, Welcome to Chiefdelphi!

Continuing, what kind of cable do you need exactly a serial to usb or a serial to serial? Also, what is your team’s location?

Thank you for your welcome. and i require a serial to usb programing cable. My team is in Tewksbury, Massachusetts.

I’d recommend making an investment this time. The 6-foot one is only $15 from tiger direct. Add $6.99 for shipping to Tewksbury, MA, and you get $21.98. I say, just buy one, you’ll be glad you did.

If you are in a REAL HURRY, you can find USB to Serial cables at most any Electronics Store…

Best Buy, Circuit City, Radio Shack or …

Look for a Belkin F5U109 or an I/O Gear GUC232A or a KeySpan USA-19HS. At Radio Shack they have had a couple different ones, Try Part # 26-949 or Part # 26-183.

I just found this site USBSerial, that has all kinds of USB to Serial adapters. The Vex Programing Kits from IFI have a Prolific PL-2303 chip in them.