Team 1848's Animation

Team 1848’s animation can be seen here:
http://media.putfile.com/Team-1848-2006-Animation

It is not the best, but it was made…

• …by one person (me)…
  • …in 4 days (I did not start until Thursday Feb 9)…
  • …with software I had never used before (I had never used 3DS Max before Feb 9).

Nice for such a short time. It’s really amazing that you learned the progam and did the animation in four days. Good luck at the competitions.

is there supposed to be no sound? Um…My team is also entering for the first time but we took a year over the summer learning the program cause we knew we only had one shot at the Rising Star award.

good job for only four days. when I was learning the program (no one was teaching me) in four days I only found out how to connect a ball to a cone making a ICE CREAM CONE!!! :smiley: YAY!!!

unfortunately, there is a 30-second limit on animations, and yours is 57 seconds. great job for a first-year though, keep up the good work!

Actually, if you read the rules, you will realize that the 30 seconds is only the animation. 30 seconds of animation plus a 5 second title slate, plus a second of padding on either side of the animation means a 30 second animation has to have a minimum of 37 seconds and credits can be as long as needed/wanted.

Nice for such a short time. It’s really amazing that you learned the progam and did the animation in four days. Good luck at the competitions.

Thanks.

is there supposed to be no sound?
Yes, there is no sound.
I wanted to add some sound effects, but ran out of time.

Um…My team is also entering for the first time but we took a year over the summer learning the program cause we knew we only had one shot at the Rising Star award.

good job for only four days. when I was learning the program (no one was teaching me) in four days I only found out how to connect a ball to a cone making a ICE CREAM CONE!!! YAY!!!
Had you used other 3D software before?
This was my first time using MAX, but I have used other 3D software for 3 years.
Although the software I have used id very different from MAX :slight_smile:

unfortunately, there is a 30-second limit on animations, and yours is 57 seconds. great job for a first-year though, keep up the good work!
Yeah, like rowe said, the time limit is only for the actual animation.

That was pretty good - nice work! I especially like the twirling FIRST logo in the credits.

This was my first time using MAX, but I have used other 3D software for 3 years.
Although the software I have used id very different from MAX

Did that software happen to be Blender 3D?
Just a question
but yah! you and I were pretty much in the same boat. I’d used Blender 3D for about a year. (Not very good at it yet) three weeks ago I join a FIRST team, They make me the ONLY animator and I have to use a program I’d never used before. Yup! It’s a hard life. But let me tell you. Props can save your neck.