Team 1868 CAD Library

During the past summer, we’ve consolidated the COTS parts we use in CAD into the following part library. It includes most VEXpro parts, all VEXpro and AndyMark wheels, some 80-20 parts, the common sizes of pistons we use, detailed and simplified electronic components. It doesn’t include any products released for the 2016 season since I haven’t had time to update it yet.

Parts are organized into folders by categories, and vendor names / part numbers were included in the file names as much as possible. Parts should also have specified materials / weights (when provided) and standardized colors.

I downloaded all the parts from their respective websites but occasionally had to make slight changes due to issues with the STEP files. I also converted assembly files into single parts to reduce the clutter of our final assemblies. While I believe all the files are still accurate representations, I can’t guarantee it.

Feel free to use it, modify it, or do anything else with it that you’d like. I hope you will find it useful, and let me know if you have any questions or find any mistakes in it.

Links:

• GrabCAD (SolidWorks or neutral format downloads)
  • Google Drive (zipped folder of SolidWorks files)
  • Documentation (complete list of parts included, notes, naming system, etc.)

Thank you Space Cookies for helping out so many teams. Marie

Thanks - I’ll send this to our machine shop so they can open the Solidworks model and export a STEP for our Creo model. I tried to download the radio as a STEP from the website and it didn’t quite turn out like I had hoped when I imported it.

Our updated CAD library is linked below. Main additions include most Andymark gears and new WCP products; the bolts, nuts, and retaining rings we use most commonly, and all the versaframe parts. Some reorganization/renaming was also done, but those should be minor. As with last time, I can’t guarantee the accuracy of the parts, especially with the Andymark gears as I modeled some of those that I couldn’t find STEP files for.

Links: