Team 190 SpiderGoat Revealed!!

Posted by colleen - T190 at 02/27/2001 9:20 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

But… like everything else at WPI… it can’t be easy!

Go to this URL and have a blast! See everyone at NewEngland and LongIsland… Team 190 will be there, hampsters and all! :wink:

http://www.WPI.EDU/~colleen/FIRST/game/team190game.html

Posted by Ken Leung at 02/27/2001 10:15 PM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

In Reply to: Team 190 SpiderGoat Revealed!!
Posted by colleen - T190 on 02/27/2001 9:20 PM EST:

Really creative way to show your robot! The puzzle took a while, but I finally managed to get it sorted out.

It really is a spider Robot!!! It seems like not all the arms are on though…

Posted by Josh at 02/27/2001 10:21 PM EST

Engineer on team #419, Rambots, from Wentworth Institute of Technology.

What’s this? Has a certain collegestudentwithwaytoomuchtimeonhishands managed to figure out the puzzle in about 5 minutes…then managed to take a screenshot of that finished puzzle and save it as a gif file so that if he felt like ruining the suprise, he could pots it on chiefdelphi for all to see? I THINK SO! so…let’s talk ‘compensation’…you need me to keep it off chiefdelphi…and i need money to go to nationals…
Have your people call my people
catch you on the flip side

Josh
Team 419
“A bird in hand is safer than one overhead.”

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 02/27/2001 10:36 PM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

In Reply to: Re: Team 190 SpiderGoat Revealed!!
Posted by Josh on 02/27/2001 10:21 PM EST:

Good idea… Why work with the game, when you can hit print screen and move any piece anywhere in paint shop!

Patrick

: What’s this? Has a certain collegestudentwithwaytoomuchtimeonhishands managed to figure out the puzzle in about 5 minutes…then managed to take a screenshot of that finished puzzle and save it as a gif file so that if he felt like ruining the suprise, he could pots it on chiefdelphi for all to see? I THINK SO! so…let’s talk ‘compensation’…you need me to keep it off chiefdelphi…and i need money to go to nationals…
: Have your people call my people
: catch you on the flip side

: Josh
: Team 419
: “A bird in hand is safer than one overhead.”

Posted by Jon - T190 at 02/27/2001 11:46 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/27/2001 10:36 PM EST:

I have to say, that’s pretty funny.
I’m glad i know what our robot looks like…

: Good idea… Why work with the game, when you can hit print screen and move any piece anywhere in paint shop!

: Patrick

Posted by Jay Lundy at 02/28/2001 12:00 AM EST

Student on team #254, The Cheesy Poofs, from Bellarmine College Preparatory.

Hehe, I just went into the folder with all the pics, downloaded them, and arranged them. Great robot!

Posted by colleen - T190 at 02/28/2001 12:17 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Massachusetts Academy of Math and Science and WPI.

Posted by Jay Lundy on 02/28/2001 12:00 AM EST:

It was supposed to be just a fun… distractive to the stress of competition thing…

We found it fun… if you want to find a million-and-one ways to easy way… go right ahead :slight_smile:

Thanks… we like Spidey too :):slight_smile: (and the hampsters too!)

Posted by colleen - T190 at 02/28/2001 12:22 AM EST

Posted by Jay Lundy on 02/28/2001 12:00 AM EST:

It was supposed to be just a fun… distractive to the stress of competition thing…

We found it fun… if you want to find a million-and-one ways to easy way… go right ahead :slight_smile:

Thanks… we like Spidey too :):slight_smile: (and the hampsters too!)

Posted by Anton Abaya at 02/28/2001 12:41 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

Umm, am i on the right track here?? I dont get it… I did the puzzle and this came out!

-anton

Posted by Patrick Dingle at 02/28/2001 1:18 AM EST

Coach on team #639, Red B^2, from Ithaca High School and Cornell University.

I have received word that this is just a decoy robot to distract people from your real robot.

Any truth?

Patrick

: But… like everything else at WPI… it can’t be easy!

: Go to this URL and have a blast! See everyone at NewEngland and LongIsland… Team 190 will be there, hampsters and all! :wink:

: http://www.WPI.EDU/~colleen/FIRST/game/team190game.html

Posted by Josh at 02/28/2001 1:55 AM EST

Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/28/2001 1:18 AM EST:

: I have received word that this is just a decoy robot to distract people from your real robot.

: Any truth?

: Patrick

Ok patrick, after recieving your question and doing a through investigation into the matter, i have discovered that the rumor you have heard COMPLETELY TRUE! Yes, i tell you, the rumor is TRUE. The one they have is only a nonworking prototype without any of the external ‘features’. What then, do you ask, does their real robot look like? well, i have managed to take this secret camera shot of the robot to bring you the truth about the WPI lie…
So without further ado, i give you, WPI’s true robot, able to wedge under a bridge, lift a bridge, can’t pick up balls, and we know it can’t do anythign with them if it could, and we are pretty sure it can squirm under a bar when necissary…

http://firstclass.wit.edu/~dejong1/wpibot.gif

Josh
Team 419
“The chance of a piece of bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.”

: : Go to this URL and have a blast! See everyone at NewEngland and LongIsland… Team 190 will be there, hampsters and all! :wink:

: : http://www.WPI.EDU/~colleen/FIRST/game/team190game.html

Posted by Anton Abaya at 02/28/2001 2:35 AM EST

Coach on team #419, Rambots, from UMass Boston / BC High and WHO NEEDS SPONSORS WHEN YOU HAVE DETERMINATION!.

In Reply to: Question sparks serious investigation…
Posted by Josh on 02/28/2001 1:55 AM EST:

: : I have received word that this is just a decoy robot to distract people from your real robot.

: : Any truth?

: : Patrick

: Ok patrick, after recieving your question and doing a through investigation into the matter, i have discovered that the rumor you have heard COMPLETELY TRUE! Yes, i tell you, the rumor is TRUE. The one they have is only a nonworking prototype without any of the external ‘features’. What then, do you ask, does their real robot look like? well, i have managed to take this secret camera shot of the robot to bring you the truth about the WPI lie…
: So without further ado, i give you, WPI’s true robot, able to wedge under a bridge, lift a bridge, can’t pick up balls, and we know it can’t do anythign with them if it could, and we are pretty sure it can squirm under a bar when necissary…

: http://firstclass.wit.edu/~dejong1/wpibot.gif

: “The chance of a piece of bread falling with the buttered side down is directly proportional to the cost of the carpet.”

: : : Go to this URL and have a blast! See everyone at NewEngland and LongIsland… Team 190 will be there, hampsters and all! :wink:

: : : http://www.WPI.EDU/~colleen/FIRST/game/team190game.html

Posted by Jon - T190 at 02/28/2001 9:15 AM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompei, from Mass Academy of Math and Science and Worcester Polytechnic Institute.

Posted by Patrick Dingle on 02/28/2001 1:18 AM EST:

Press conference 2/28/01

Jon: I’m here to to answer any questions regarding Spidey

Pat: My sources say that your “Spidergoat” (yea, he did the air quotes cause he’s “cool” :wink: is really a decoy and your real robot is codenamed AlG. Are there any truth to these rumors?

Jon: Let me assure you, that here at Team 190 our chief weapon is surprise…surprise and fear…fear and surprise… Our two weapons are fear and surprise…and ruthless efficiency… Our three weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency…and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope… Our four…no… Amongst our weapons… Amongst our weaponry…are such elements as fear, surprise… I’ll come in again.

Pat: Is there any truth to the rumors that your picture is a decoy to throw us from the path of your robot? Just answer the question, this isn’t a kind of Spanish Inquisition…

Jon: -Jarring Chord- NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition…

Stress must be relieved in any possible manner.

Posted by Justin at 02/28/2001 11:33 AM EST

Other on team Blue Lightning Alumni Association from RWU sponsored by FIRST-A-holics Anonymous.

: But… like everything else at WPI… it can’t be easy!

: Go to this URL and have a blast! See everyone at NewEngland and LongIsland… Team 190 will be there, hampsters and all! :wink:

: http://www.WPI.EDU/~colleen/FIRST/game/team190game.html

Posted by Jon - T190 at 02/28/2001 12:15 PM EST

In Reply to: You ppl have serious freakin’ issues. (EOM)
Posted by Justin on 02/28/2001 11:33 AM EST:

And you will fear it…

If you ever have to see those six LEDs light up signaling the end of the Hapster Power initialization sequence… you have no chance to survive make your time.

all your base are belong to us.

Posted by Brett at 02/28/2001 4:51 PM EST

Student on team #201, Viste-FEDS, from Rochester High School.

In Reply to: We call it Hampster Power
Posted by Jon - T190 on 02/28/2001 12:15 PM EST:

:slight_smile:

Posted by Josh at 02/28/2001 4:59 PM EST

In Reply to: Someone set up us the bomb! (n/t)
Posted by Brett on 02/28/2001 4:51 PM EST:

Josh
Team 419
“I can see you, your glasses shining in the sun. You got your hair pulled back and sun glasses on baby. i can tell you my love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer have gone.” -namethattune

Posted by Brett at 02/28/2001 5:37 PM EST

Student on team #201, Viste-FEDS, from Rochester High School.

In Reply to: You have no chance to survive make your time!
Posted by Josh on 02/28/2001 4:59 PM EST:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 02/28/2001 8:21 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: You have no chance to survive make your time!
Posted by Josh on 02/28/2001 4:59 PM EST:

: “I can see you, your glasses shining in the sun. You got your hair pulled back and sun glasses on baby. i can tell you my love for you will still be strong after the boys of summer have gone.” -namethattune

Its 80’s thats all I can tell…John Mellencamp, maybe?

-Jessica B, #237, once Pop-up-Video addict :wink:

Posted by Deej- T190 at 02/28/2001 12:27 PM EST

Engineer on team #190, Gompeii, from Mass Academy and WPI.

In Reply to: You ppl have serious freakin’ issues. (EOM)
Posted by Justin on 02/28/2001 11:33 AM EST:

Cept for evil hampsters, maybe we could have that translated in latin for the back of our shirts for next year…really though, stop by team 190’s pit to see the furry little hampster. see y’all tomorrow…