Team Paradox is proud to present our offseason project, ClawkBot!
Unlike years past, where we’ve built a mechanism or robot in anticipation of using the design in the next build season, we chose to build a robot to play this year’s game. We also decided to build a simple(er) and hyperspecialized robot, rather than building a robot that can play every part of the game (as we did for our competition robot). This robot is designed to be an efficient extremely switch/exchange bot due to its reversible intake design.
Here’s some info about the bot:
- 20"x20" frame (without bumpers)
- 72.4 lbs.
- 2x2 wheel configuration (2x6" blue nitrile wheels, 2x6" omni wheels)
- ~16 ft/sec theoretical top speed
- Long layout on custom single speed gearboxes allows for completely gear-driven wheels (no belt or chain)
- 3 CIMs per gearbox (6 total)
- Arm can swivel a full 180 degrees to intake and outtake on both sides of the robot
- Madtown/Citrus Circuits/Cheesy Poofse-style intake (modified design to function without pneumatics)
- Spring-loaded intake with adjustable holding force
- 17:75 reduction on custom intake gearboxes (1x775pro per gearbox)
- 30x2" silicone rubber flex wheels
- 7:375 reduction on custom arm gearbox (2x775pro)
The CAD for the robot and its mechanisms will be made available soon(ish), as well as the CAD for our 2018 competition bot, Lambda.
This picture isn’t very helpful for understanding the individual mechanisms, so let me know if you have any questions and I’m happy to answer them/post more detailed pictures.