Team 2220 Launcher Teaser

Another week, another prototype.

Here’s a short video brought to you by our media and manipulator (robot build) subteams.

We’ve finally gotten all our prototypes to the stage where we’re willing to decide, so here’s a video of one in particular.

The launcher is powered by two constant force springs (left over from a failed 30 point climber in 2013), and is constructed from 80/20 that we happened to have lying around (we had a mentor who was in love with the stuff for a few years).

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I’ll try to get back to you with answers from our subteam leaders.

Finally, the video:

Good luck everyone in Aerial Assist! We can’t wait to compete at the Northern Lights and North Star Regionals!

Great prototype! How much force is required for the long shot? Surgical tubing or springs?

I don’t have the precise springs in front of me, but they pull back some heavy-duty springs 3-4’ to make the long shot. Needless to say, we’re still working on packaging!

The prototype uses 2 constant force springs (I’ll check exactly how many pounds of force they are, but I think total it’s around 95). They’re left overs from last year, so we’ll be looking into getting ones that precisely fit our needs.

Thats great! We tried using springs but couldn’t get them to cooperate. Glad someones using them though. Good luck guys!