Team #237 2001 Robot - "Nineteen foot six"

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/16/2001 8:18 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

This pic was taken 5 minutes ago in the sheer elation of the weary Sie-H2O-Bots who have toiled long and hard.

Yes, it is nineteen feet, six inches long. What else it does, is for you to figure out :wink: More pics up later.

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Joe Johnson at 2/16/2001 8:44 PM EST

Engineer on team #47, Chief Delphi, from Pontiac Central High School and Delphi Automotive Systems.

In Reply to: Team #237 2001 Robot - “Nineteen foot six”
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/16/2001 8:18 PM EST:

I can never see your pictures, Jessica, until I hit
reload. Don’t know why, but it seems to work.

Very cool robot by the way.

I think Woodie will be very happy with this year’s
competition. He always is happy when many many types
of solutions are found to the problem. To him it means
he has done a great job at balancing the various
trade-offs.

For us it means pain and suffering, but that is a topic
for another day.

I hope we will be driving over your robot soon.

Bold strategy on your part, well done.

Joe J.

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/16/2001 9:21 PM EST

Student on team #237, Sie-H2O-Bots, from Watertown High School and Eastern Awning Systems & The Siemon Company.

In Reply to: Don’t forget to hit “reload”
Posted by Joe Johnson on 2/16/2001 8:44 PM EST:

Thank you, Joe, it means a lot to be complimented by anyone from your team.

I don’t know what’s up with Angelfire…ah, well, maybe one day the’ll put the money in the budget to register www.SieH2OBot.org…until then,
Im stuck with Angelfire…

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Lora Knepper at 2/16/2001 10:10 PM EST

Other on team #73, Tigerbolt, from Rochester Institute of Technology / Edison Tech HS and Alstom and Fiber Technologies.

In Reply to: Re: Don’t forget to hit “reload”
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/16/2001 9:21 PM EST:

…until then,
: Im stuck with Angelfire…

: -Jessica B, #237

Geocities has that little ad bar, but it lets you link pictures fine :slight_smile:

~ lora

ps – I can’t see the pictures even on reload…

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/16/2001 10:20 PM EST

In Reply to: Team #237 2001 Robot - “Nineteen foot six”
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/16/2001 8:18 PM EST:

Ok, ok, everyone can disown me later for using Angelfire, but here’s the pic, on my other space.

Hey, last time I tried Geocities it was a mess, so I was thankful to have Angelfire…oh, well, here it is!

-Jessica B, #237

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/16/2001 10:32 PM EST

In Reply to: Team #237 Pic - Second Attempt
Posted by Jessica Boucher on 2/16/2001 10:20 PM EST:

Ok, some random commentage (and answers to people that are iming me as I’m writing this)…

The people in the pic is the mechanical team and some of their children (and whoever else was in the cafe at the time). The little girl is the daughter of the man to the left of her, and the boy in the yellow sitting on the floor is Nick’s other son (if you can’t notice, Nick is the 2nd from the right, holding a sign that says 19’6").

In the background is the 2000 bot, the one that won UTC last year with 131 & 209. We think that if both robots stay in the same room, the new one will learn from osmosis :wink:

-Jessica B, #237, who swears she will stop posting for the night :wink:

Posted by Jessica Boucher at 2/18/2001 8:18 AM EST

In Reply to: Re: Team #237 Pic - Second Attempt
Posted by Dan on 2/18/2001 12:23 AM EST:

Yes, Skitz, I will when it’s done, probably today or tomorrow.

-Jessica B, #237

PS - Thanks for posting!

Posted by nick237 at 2/17/2001 12:35 AM EST

Engineer on team #237, sie h2o bots, from Watertown high school ct and sieman co.

Ok… So the idea this year is to make the worlds longest robot? ( The room is totaly silent ) uhha.
We build a bot that does nothing… hmmmmmmmmm
We build a Robot that does not pick up balls… “OK”.
We build a bot that does not push the goal… “huh”.
We build a bot that does not pull the goal… “wow”.
We make a bot that doesnt pull the stretcher… " ? ".
In fact all we do is sit… " YESSSSS "
The strategy is to confuse the opossition and lull them into a sence a false security… " got it ".
But mr Reynolds were all one alliance this year???
Hmmmmmmmmm…
Ok… so this year we build the worlds longest robot and become part of the FIELD.
This year we built a robot that becomes an extention of the ramp. The ramp is 15 degs so it will be hard for a robot to push or pull an 85lb goal up that kind of an incline, then how do they leave the goal on the ramp and get off with out the goal rolling away.
If a robot pulls a goal up the ramp and the ramp tips over our robot stops the ramp from continuing past level.
Then the robot releases the goal and drives over our bot. In the mean time another robot lines up and pushes the second goal over us and deposits the second goal next to the first. SIMPLE.
So all we need is a robot that just becomes the ramp. hmmmmmmmm Errrrr Mr Reynolds what if were in a game that no one can push or pull the goal up the ramp.
Ok… so the idea this year is to do all that I just said and be able to push and pull the goal if we have to… “ok”.
hmmmmmmmm Errrrr Mr Reynolds what if we have no alliance that can put big balls on top???.
Ok… So this year we do all that I just said and we devise a system that also can put the big balls on top of the goal, “Happy now”…?
But is that while the goal is on the floor, what if the big ball falls off?.
OK… “THIS IS WHAT WERE GONNA DO”…
WERE GONNA DO ALL THAT I JUST SAID AND WERE GONNA MAKE SURE THE ROBOT CAN PLACE THE BIG BALL ON TOP OF THE GOAL WHILE ITS ON TOP OF THE RAMP, AND WHILE WERE AT IT WERE GOING TO BE ABLE TO DRIVE AROUND WITH ANOTHE ROBOT SITTING ON TOP OF OUR ROBOT TO PLACE A LARGE BALL ON TOP OF THE OTHER GOAL IF THE NEED ARRISES. AND WHILE WERE AT IT WE WILL MAKE THE ROBOT HOVER, SING AND DANCE.
Hmmmmmm. Errrrr Mr Reynolds… How high will it be able to hover?.
So thats what our robot does for those who are interested, except were still working on the dance bit, it seems the robot has two left drill motors.
nick237

Posted by Kristen Kelso at 2/17/2001 8:02 AM EST

Student on team #131, C.H.A.O.S., from Manchester Central High and OSRAM SYLVANIA/Fleet.

In Reply to: Re: Team #237 Pic - information “poop”
Posted by nick237 on 2/17/2001 12:35 AM EST:

WOW! It looks great guys! I can’t wait to see it on the feild!!! ::Kristen, hoping 237 will be paired with 131 for at least one match:: Maybe since ya’ll have such a great robot, I will forgive Jess for posting the link to the random-inside-joke-kick-off pictures :wink: Good Luck go Sie-H20-Bots!!!
Kristen Kelso
Team 131

Posted by Ken Leung at 2/17/2001 5:31 AM EST

Student on team #192, Gunn Robotics Team, from Henry M. Gunn Senior High School.

I don’t know what to call this robot…

A ramp robot or a wedge robot?

It seems like both. This reminds me of the prediction about wedge robot in the field. Then again, this also reminds me of the Wildstang robot. Any chance you two are going to team up with two other ramp robot in the finals?

I just can’t believe how long it is. But there might be longer robots out there… Some how I doubt that.

Do you have a name for it yet?

Posted by EddieMcD at 03/09/2001 6:32 PM EST

Student on team #121, Islanders, from Middletown High School and NUWC.

In Reply to: Re: Idea!
Posted by mike oleary on 03/09/2001 4:15 PM EST:

No. I don’t mean a dancing band. I mean something like Bon Jovi or most of those old bands.

-Ed “I mean a real band” McDonnell

Posted by Jared at 03/09/2001 7:44 PM EST

Student on team #312, Heatwave, from Lakewood High and Baxter.

In Reply to: Western Michigan Regional UPDATE!
Posted by bill whitley on 03/09/2001 7:24 PM EST:

Well it looks like somebody was doing their homework and figured out a good strategy. Do you know how they did it? Thanx

-= Jared =-
!HEATWAVE!

Posted by Hymnson at 03/09/2001 7:23 PM EST

Student on team #419, The Rambots, from Boston College High School and UMass Boston and Modern Assistance Programs, Inc…

In Reply to: u make me sick!!!
Posted by EJ on 03/09/2001 5:39 PM EST:

In the words of Eminem,

“I’m glad cause they feed me the fuel that I need for the fire to burn and it’s burnin…”

I’m not gunna write songs about hate and trashing people, but people like you are just pushing me more and motivating me to actually go thru with an actual boy band, so I’m not worried about what “haters” think. So the more replies and posts I get may actually result in a F.I.R.S.T. boy band, yea…what whaaaaat! lol peace