I am excited to announce Team Mean Machines’ new swerve module for bunny bots and hopefully the 2020 season.
The goals on the new module were simple, make it easy to machine, zero-backlash in the steering, durable and easy to maintain, and finally lightweight, “cough cough” simple.
- 3d printing: time = 28 hours and costs = $29.88, per module.
- Tormach parts cut time = 80 minutes, per module.
- Module Weight = 3.663 pounds, yes with everything pictured above!
- Drive free speed options (ft/sec) = 14.95, 16.1, 18.07 (With current plates) 11.59, 12.65 (with different plates).
- Steering reduction = 19.6:1
- Module Size = 5” by 5” by 6.53” (with neo) or 7.53 (with Falcon), 1.875 form center of wheel to the edge of the frame.
- 2.15 of ground clearance.
- KHK bevel gears
- 3" id by 3.5"od and .25" thick sealed bearing.
- 3" wheel
- bill of materials cost is 315$ includes everything pictured above.
CAD will be released before build season.
Questions are welcome as always!