Team 254 Presents: Breakdown

Team 254, NASA Ames Robotics “The Cheesy Poofs”, presents our 2023 robot: Breakdown.

Breakdown will compete at the Sacramento Regional, the Silicon Valley Regional, and the FIRST Championship.

Team 254 is sponsored by NASA Ames Research Center, Greg & Gloria Shean, West Coast Products, AMEX Plating, Gilbert Spray Coat, LinkedIn, Abbott, Boeing, Gene Haas Foundation, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems, Intuitive Foundation, FIRST NorCal, Arm, Dropbox, and Bellarmine College Preparatory.

120 Likes

No reveal video?

2 Likes

I am incredibly confused by how this robot works but I want to see it do the magic.

31 Likes

when does the technical binder release?

2 Likes

(They typically haven’t done reveal videos)

6 Likes

Not even a gif this year?

1 Like

Dang these reveals keep getting shorter and shorter

22 Likes

I didn’t even see the ground intake at first…

27 Likes

I miss the 2:45 long video of the picture

14 Likes

Tech Binder and Code will all release after the season, as usual.

20 Likes

I wonder if we will hear “Breakdown Brokedown” at all

9 Likes

I thought I’d seen it all… Idk how it works…

2 Likes

The long black bars holding the carriage bearings together are interesting. Were those precautionary, or were there issues with bending?

3 Likes

254’s reveal video is them in action at actual events. Nothing is scarier than seeing them crush other competitors with ease.

12 Likes

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic” - Arthur C Clarke (this can be translated as: I have no idea what’s going on here)

Also I think we all know what happened last time they had a robot name that ended in those four letters.

11 Likes

Only 1 limelight spotted. Interesting…

45 Likes

And that game had cubes as well

I will be eternally greatful if someone gets screenshots here of 254’s pit display, which historically has the same/similar content to the tech binder.

Signed,
A Curious Effectively Retired Mentor

9 Likes

Really awesome robot. But I wonder where does the name “Breakdown” come from? The 2022 Chezy Champs? :thinking:

1 Like