We expect to have the following rule changes for Chezy Champs. Notable changes from IRI include the lack of a 4th autonomous ball, standard serpentine draft, no picking of backups, and allowing timeouts during elims.
- No inspection, Honor system on legality. +5 pounds allowed. Gross / obvious violations of robot rules will be identified by referees and event staff and must be corrected before the robot continues. All other FIRST robot rules apply.
- There is no zone requirement for possession/ assists.
- A trussed ball which is untouched by another robot and enters the low goal will be considered scored.
- G21 [Robots may not extend outside the field.] No penalty for violations. Continuous / repeated violations will still be a technical foul. Contact outside the safety zone will still be enforced.
- G14 [Strategies aimed solely at forcing the opposing alliance to violate a rule are not in the spirit of FRC and are not allowed.] Violation: Technical Foul or “No Call” at discretion of the head referee
- G12 [An alliance may not possess their opponent’s balls.] An immediately rectified possession of the opposing alliance ball (from a truss shot, human play or field crew action) will not be penalized.
- Referees will not attempt to judge team intent - the benefit of the doubt with regards to penalties will go to the teams.
- The field will not contain dynamic retroflective vision targets. Hot goal indicator lights will still be present.