Team 254 Presents: Dreadnought

Team 254, NASA Ames Robotics “The Cheesy Poofs”, presents our 2020 robot: Dreadnought.

Video: https://youtu.be/m-QVxS8TvDo

Dreadnought will compete at the Central Valley Regional, the (postponed) Silicon Valley Regional, and the FIRST Championship.

Team 254 is sponsored by NASA Ames Research Center, Johnson & Johnson, Apple, Google, Lockheed Martin, Innovation First International, West Coast Products, Gilbert Spray Coat, AMEX Plating, Applied Welding, Auris Health, BAE Systems, Intuitive Foundation, Qualcomm, and Bellarmine College Preparatory.

97 Likes

Big hype. Love it

Wow very nice

1 Like

oh no

1 Like

Love the reveal video! hehe best version of that song ever

3 Likes

Best… reveal… video… EVER!

2 Likes

Truly a masterpiece. 11/10 would watch again

i’m ready for the annual angry quote of "how dare you assume you’re going to world championships even though you’re good !!!111!!11!1! "

43 Likes

Where’s the recorder?

6 Likes

They borrowed it from their school band for the video and had to put it back by the time the photo was taken.

5 Likes

Is that recorder outside the frame perimeter?

8 Likes

Whats with the slightly hexagonal wheels? Is that just due to how they were stretched over the tubes?

Did you remember to add the recorder to the BOM? :joy:

7 Likes

Y’all know they sell blue Fairlane wheels, right?

10 Likes

Awesome robot. The reveal…eh. I wish you would just show off your robot. It looks amazing!

4 Likes

Oooo wowie.

Me after watching the reveal video and thinking that there might possibly be robot action:

35 Likes

The hex bore is undersized, so when the wheel is stretched over the shaft it deforms it into a hexagonal shape.

At least they covered up all the naughty words, but man the uncensored version must have been filthy.

8 Likes

Why are your pneumatic cylinders unconnected? :thinking:

~ w i r e l e s s a i r ~

73 Likes